Clinical Research Staff (CRS) Paramedic-D/EPennsylvania Job ID R0000015570 Category Clinical Trials
About this Role
*******On Site Position in New Haven CT******
CRS - Paramedic
- Owns, maintains, and ensures clinical training transcripts are always up to date.
- Maintains proficiency in various clinical procedures required in study execution.
- Ensures clinical research studies are conducted according to protocol requirements and internal SOPs, guidelines, work instructions, and process maps.
- Provides basic first aid and medical/nursing care within scope of practice.
- Assists in sample management, collection, and generation of computer labels.
- Records adverse events with referral to medical or nursing personnel for evaluation & treatment.
- Performs electronic and diagnostic measurements including audiograms, electrocardiograms, visual exams, and other novel devices.
- Performs and records physical measurements including vital signs and body measurements.
- Creates volunteer identification (photos, badges).
- Provides necessary instructions to research participants.
- Monitors and maintains usage of daily clinic supplies.
- Maintains equipment log & calibration records.
- Creates and ensures quality in work and data output by performing data cache review.
- Attends various clinical meetings (i.e. study start-up, in-service, department meetings, etc.).
- Supports other additional clinical functions as delegated by the Client.
- Demonstrates holistic understanding of work processes at the Unit.
- Identifies with overall goals of the Client’s CRU and progresses clinical research studies as planned.
- Assists in the overall planning and delivery of clinical trials.
- Assists in the delivery of improved training program.
- Leads/supervises clinic contractors (and colleagues, as appropriate) during various shifts of operation as required.
- Provides/ supervises clinic support activities such as scheduling (e.g., bed space, volunteer, staffing), supply requisitions and training, as required.
- Collaborates with clinical coordinators and clinical floor leads to maximize study implementation.
- Completes training assigned by Client and/or Parexel FSP as necessary, including general training requirements, SOPs, system, and process related training.
- Adheres to Parexel FSP and Client SOPs and processes.
Skills and Education:
- Associate in Science degree in Life, Biomedical, or Social science is preferred. Bachelor of Science in a health-related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in clinical research trials as data collector or clinical coordinator is preferred.
- State of Connecticut licensure as Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P).
- Quality conscious with high degree of ethics and integrity carrying out duties in accordance to laws, regulatory standards, and with company policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office and the ability to learn different software programs.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Ability to work beyond normal work hours and various shift availability required.
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the United States includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.