Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Project Leader / Senior Project Leader - BiotechJob ID 62918BR Poland - Any Region - Home Based
We are looking to recruit either an experienced Project Leader or Senior Project Leader to provide oversight to our Biotech client projects on a global level. Positions are available in the following locations - UK, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Serbia , Lithuania and all can be either office or remotely home based.
As the Project Leader or Senior Project Leader you will actively lead the Parexel and client teams by combining deep clinical research experience with insight into client pressures in order to develop the right solution for the client. This requires developing in-depth project management skills and business understanding, clinical knowledge, and experience in order to independently make effective decisions and take action.
You will provide the overall cross-functional leadership of our clinical trials as well as the project teams to achieve operational excellence and deliver projects on time, to budget, to the highest quality as well as being compliant with ICH GCP, and that also meet client expectations. You will be responsible as the Global Project Leader for the profitability of a small to midsize project(s) and client satisfaction, and act as a role model and coach for the team. You may also assume a support project leader role within a project leadership team of multiple PLs/PDs on larger project(s). Project Leaders may also mentor junior staff and Functional Leads for specific projects to help with their development.
Independently responsible for all Project Leader tasks and deliverables according to SOPs on assigned projects:
- Develop and maintain a formal project plan with all key milestones, budgets, and resources assigned to specific tasks and outcomes.
Perform initial and ongoing risk management:
- Identify potential project risks and implement contingency plans, mitigate actual risks with team members and keep client informed about risks and contingencies.
Manage and ensure first time quality on the project deliverables:
- Establish quality standards for the project that drive individual and team commitment to quality.
Develop and manage the client relationship:
- Owns the client relationship at a study level and responsible for client communication ensuring high client satisfaction.
Understand and own the project P&L:
- Manage the project according to budget with revenue recognition and forecasting, including resource management, pass-through management (review, regular reconciliation and forecasting).
Manage the cross-functional project team:
- Enable all stakeholders to achieve successful study completion while maintaining high client satisfaction.
Represent Project Leadership function:
- Represent Project Leadership Function in external client meetings and presentations such as Bid Pursuit Meetings, Investigator Meetings or others as required.
Other assigned responsibilities:
- May include non-billable work such as SOP review and lead or contribute to other organizational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field is essential.
- Advanced degree desirable.
- PMP or equivalent desirable.
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach.
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly accountable with a strong client focus.
- A flexible attitude with respect to assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Basic understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle.
- Ability to work independently with oversight guidance.
- Ability to analyze complex/novel situations using existing tools and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software.
- Ability to become proficient with Parexel systems.
Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research – such as CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning tools.
- ICH and GCP regulations in relevant geographies.
- Solid clinical knowledge and basic understanding of clinical research and protocol design.
- Ability to adopt and work according to Parexel High Performance Culture (HPC) principles.
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE Parexel approach
Knowledge and Experience:
- Advanced level experience and understanding in any area or combination of either Early Phase, Phase II-III or Late Phase /IV clinical project management and demonstrable project leadership skills are essential.
- In-depth knowledge in any Therapeutic Area is welcome.
- Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency is desirable.
- Proven substantial project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or contract research organization
- Proven track record of developing client relationships at project level.
- Previous CRO experience is strongly preferred, with involvement in bid defence activities.
- Strong financial management and client relationship skills are essential.
- Applications from candidates with pharma experience will also be considered.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a benefits package including holiday, pension, bonus and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs