Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Clinical Assistant - bankJob ID R0000005504 United Kingdom, Remote
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
- To assist in the conduct of Phase 1 studies across all therapeutic areas in accordance with ICH Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and following local regulatory requirements and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Practice (ICH GCP)
- Work in the wards according to requirements.
- To sample blood, urine and other bio fluid samples intended for clinical pathology, pharmacokinetic or pharmacodynamic investigations ensuring safe and appropriate handling.
- To maintain clinical stock.
- To be responsible for the preparation of clinical equipment for areas of study, providing support to the clinical operations team.
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Collate CRFs, laboratory and other results and perform quality control checks to ensure they are complete and ready for review and approval by Research Physicians.
- Collect, process and label (where appropriate) urine, breath alcohol and other specimens
- Complete CRFs, and capture other data as required.
- Organise subject admission and orientation.
- Perform investigations on subjects (physiological measurements including ECGs, BPs, lung function, Holter monitoring etc, venepuncture).
- Preparing clinical equipment and areas for studies.
- Preparing study documentation (forms, logs etc) as required.
- Supervising urine and faecal collections.
- Taking blood samples by venepuncture (following competency assessment).
- Taking blood samples from cannulas.
- Order volunteer payments on Clinbase.
- Undertakes, on occasion, such duties as bed making, serving food, and cleaning of trolleys and medical equipment.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and checking on a weekly basis – ensuring equipment is working and ready to use in conjunction with the Technical Specialist staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Client focused approach to work.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Practical and dexterous.
- Can work effectively under pressure.
- Computer literate.
- Use of initiative, ability to meet deadlines and work prioritisation.
- Recognised degree (preferably in a life science), or equivalent qualification and/or experience working in clinical research, or a fast-paced environment required.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs