Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Clinical Research Nurse - BankJob ID R0000005685 United Kingdom, Remote
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
Parexel Early Phase Clinical Unit supports the development ofinnovative new medicines which are vital for public health, improving outcomes, and saving lives. The early phase and “first in human” trials are the first step in testing these novel treatments in humans.
AtParexel Harrow Unit (located in Northwick Park hospital) our highly trained and skilled nurses are the front-line staff involved in administering these new compounds to our volunteer participants and then monitoring their health status around the clock as per the trial protocol to ensure their safety and wellbeing. Our facility features state-of-the-art monitoring technologies and offers our volunteering participants a safe and comfortable environment for medical care.
Your time here
As a Clinical Research Nurse, you take the lead on shifts as well as on trials and are involved in all aspects of the trial development process at the Unit. You work as part of a team and will collaborate with other departments such as Pharmacy, Screening, Laboratory, Recruitment and Project Management. Your work environment is fast-paced, interesting, dynamic, and rewarding.
Starting your journey with Parexel comes along with an extensive induction program and ongoing training(including Good Clinical Practice training and Immediate Life Support training) while following your individual career path.
Develop professionally by gaining experience in delivering high-quality research projects in this growing sector.
What you’ll do (including but not limited):
Adhering to trial protocols and legislation whilst collecting trial data in a controlled and timed environment:
- Dose investigational products via various routes of drug administration.
- Safety monitoring of volunteers
- Performing assessments including but not limited to i.e., vital signs, ECG, spirometry, holter monitoring, etc.
- Obtaining blood samples via direct venepuncture or indwelling catheter
- Learning a range of skills, and using several equipment and devices to obtain trial data from a volunteer participant or to monitor and maintain their safety and wellbeing
- Registered nursing qualification (NMC registered) is essential
- Having an excellent organizational ability and written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrating an aptitude for paperwork and knowledge of Microsoft Office with keen attention to detail.
- Setting very high standards for your own performance and being an exceptional team player.
- Showing a flexible attitude with respect to work assignments, new learnings, and willingness to work on shift.
A little about us
When you join us, you’re joining a team that comes together to turn challenges into achievements. We support each other to be our best – Inquisitive, Accountable, Adaptable, Respectful, and always with the patient in mind.
The flexible benefits plan includes:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Assurance [4 x Benefit Salary]
- Contributory pension scheme; if the employee contributes 3% Parexel contributes 6% or if they contribute 4% Parexel will contribute 8% or the maximum the employee can contribute is 5% and Parexel contributes 10%
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Parexel Discount Portal
- Employee Assistance Program
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs