Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Principal Scientist 1, Scientist 3, Scientist 2, Enabling Technologies Biocatalysis GroupJob ID R0000007306 Northeast, New Jersey, United States of America
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
We are looking to fill a Scientist 2 or 3 or Principal Scientist 1 position working as a full-time employee of Parexel on long-term assignment onsite at one of our clients located in Rahway, NJ. This position offers full benefits, sick time, 401K, paid holidays, and paid time off.
- The Biocatalysis Group within the Process Research and Development department of Client Research Laboratories has a research chemist position available in the Rahway, New Jersey facility. Client is seeking a candidate with experience in organic chemistry / biochemistry / catalysis (including chemocatalysis, biocatalysis and heterogeneous catalysis) and / or total synthesis.
- Principal Scientist 1, PhD in Chemistry, or MS in Chemistry with 3+ years of experience
- Scientist 3, MS degree in Chemistry with 1-2 years of experience; or BS degree with 3-5 years’ experience
- Scientist 2, MS degree, or BS degree with 1-2 years of experience
Required Skills and Experience
- Work experience in organic synthesis including synthetic methodology, catalysis, biocatalysis and / or total synthesis (must have for consideration as Principal Scientist).
- Experience in purification and analytical characterization using a variety of methods such as NMR, HPLC, and MS.
- Experience in reaction assay development.
- Proven track record of solving problems in a fast pace environment.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in high-throughput screening.
- Experience in protein analysis and characterization using a variety of methods such as gel electrophoresis, Western blot, and Bradford assay.
- Software: Microsoft Package, ChemDraw, ChemStation or similar LC instrumentation, electronic lab notebooks.
- Laboratory-based role to support process development in the Enabling Technologies group to support the discovery and optimization of innovative enzymatic reactions and processes for drug manufacture
- Screening and development of biocatalytic reactions
- Setting up and running enzymatic assays, monitoring using analytical methods [LC, spectrophotometric, NMR], reaction troubleshooting, data analysis, data presentation and reporting conclusions
- Laboratory management of enzyme and screening plate collection and organizational tasks to improve day-to-day operations in the group
- Liaising with automation group to replenish depleted screening plate stocks
- Liaising with partner groups in the US to receive and provide screening materials and supplies
This role may be subject to government and/or customer requirements regarding vaccination against COVID-19 that are more stringent than Parexel policy. Accordingly, successful applicants may need to be either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
A North American clinical operations business within Parexel FSP, which includes the CMC Operations group. We provide pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies with qualified and talented technical professionals to support the development and delivery of new therapies.
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs