Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting with heart? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people with heart.
Study Start-Up Leader (selected EU locations)Job ID 65503BR Spain - Any Region - Home Based
The Senior Study Start-Up Leader, is accountable as noted above including:
Acting as study-level program lead, such as managing multiple protocol delivery for a Sponsor or asset development.
Acting as an Enterprise or Biotech level lead and provide expert level knowledge on agreed partnership process.
Additional responsibilities may include: Study Start-Up Leader mentorship, participation in training and support programs, fulfilling subject matter expert or process improvement roles within Clinical Operations.
- Manage the study start up process, through development of a site activation strategy and to oversee start-up delivery and governance.
- Coordinate, develop and articulate the critical path planning, and implement as part of the Site Initiation Scheduling, System Set-up, EDL Management, EC & RA/ MoH Strategy, ICF Customization, Risk Mitigations, Monitoring Plan, Site Activation Requirements & Relevant Tools.
- Collaborate and communicate within the Global study team matrix to provide study start up strategy, input to milestone development, and alignment of operational targets to ensure timely delivery of study start up activities.
- Participate in client meetings with respect to study start up, including endorsement of the SSU Operational Targets & mitigation of delivery risks, establishing client expectations for delivery, communication, reporting, and metrics.
- Partner closely with both Functional Leaders and Local Site Managers to proactively identify study start up related issues
- Develop and execute corrective actions to mitigate risks to activation timelines
- Ensure that relevant - systems are maintained and up to date to analyze study start-up progress metrics against targets/timelines (at a project/country/site level).
- Deliver and maintain client-focused reporting to measure performance and proactively identify issues for resolution.
- Degree in a life science, advanced degree preferable
- Competent in written and oral English
- Proven client-facing relevant experience in healthcare, clinical research, project management or contract research organization
- Experience in a multi-national organization
- Prior Project Management experience preferable
- End to End study start-up experience & expertise preferred
- Knowledge of applicable international regulatory requirements and guidelines (i.e. ICH-GCP, and/ or EU-Directives)
- Strategic and creative risk management and contingency planning
- Ability to lead virtual teams across cultures and locations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Client-focused action-oriented approach to work
- Strong Leadership skills, with ability to influence both vertically and horizontally
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and manage assignments from a distance
- Sense of urgency and organization in completing tasks
- Strong understanding of cultural differences
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs