As a Biostatistician at Parexel you’ll work on a variety of projects, while collaborating with our global team of experts. You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, become involved in business development activities, and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You’ll also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"Parexel is very team oriented, so you work with a lot of people and also get to work in different therapeutic areas. There are many opportunities to find what you enjoy and the management is very supportive."James - Principal Biostatistician
"From a new graduate to a well-trained Biostatistician, I have definitely gained significant experiences in Parexel over the past three years. At Parexel I have always felt valued and supported, my strength got recognized and optimized here and my work got appreciated. I am very proud to be a part of the organization."Fiona - Biostatistician II
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and a flexible working enviroment.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Utilize Parexel’s industry leading clinical systems and solutions
Strong mentors with depths of experience working for global health authorities.
- Manage and oversee team activities including appropriate resourcing of staff, staff assignments, and quality control of project deliverables and timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Monitor performance close interaction with PL/GRO Lead.
- Check quality of team deliverables (eg, on site visits, Central File documentation) and take appropriate remedial action.
- Ensure direct reports meet departmental and project productivity and quality metrics by efficient execution of their project in line with project plan.
- May be responsible for own assignments as project team member. This includes taking the role of a senior level contributor on a project team and ensuring high quality and timely delivery of own deliverables.
- Provide consultation, facilitate metrics collection and develop action plans in conjunction with Management/Project Leadership/Leads to keep the project on time and within budget.
- Produce accurate resourcing plans in conjunction with the appropriate Project Team Members.
- Prepare and submit weekly study specific status reports to Project Team, Sponsors and management and attend project team meetings.
- Participate in and contribute to Project bids, including client presentations.
- Support efforts for generating business leads (client networking, public speaking, etc)
- Train, mentor and allocate team members according to their ability.
- Provide technical support to team members to ensure that they have the required knowledge to fulfil their duties.
- May be responsible to coordinate client or account activities for department or function.
- Meet and aim to exceed client expectations by recruiting, retaining and developing a skilled, experienced and motivated team.
- Maintain an agreed level of productivity/billability and staff turnover.
- Meet percentage of travel and billability guidelines for staff as appropriate.
- Serve as an ongoing liaison with Project Team, Sponsor and management regarding performance of direct reports.
- Manage and develop the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modelling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales.
- Maintain a working knowledge of, and assure compliance with, applicable ICH Guidelines, Good Clinical Practices, Regulatory Agency requirements, and Parexel SOPs.
- Participate in PXL and department system/standards improvement activities.
- Complete routine administrative tasks in a timely manner (e.g. time-sheets, metrics, travel expense claims.
- Departmental or Project tasks, as assigned.
- Meet client and business needs to have all projects optimally resourced with suitably experienced staff.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple-projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including experience in making presentations at conferences, meetings, training sessions)
- Client focused approach to work.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead a ‘virtual’ global team as required.
- Substantial monitoring/data management experience or equal experience in clinical research.
- The knowledge of pharmacokinetic data is an advantage.
- Competent in written and oral English in addition to local language.
- PhD in Statistics or related discipline, MS in Statistics or related discipline.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs