Project Management Opportunities at Parexel
In a Project Leader job at Parexel, you’ll help deliver sponsor projects and programs on time and on budget. You’ll develop and implement detailed project plans that reflect core objectives, prevent risk, and deliver results in compliance with SOPs, ICH, GCP and other guidelines. Help support the development of advances and treatments that are changing lives. Explore Project Leader jobs at Parexel.
Project Leader / Senior Project Leader - BiotechJob ID 57957BR Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
We are looking to recruit either an experienced Project Leader or Senior Project Leader to provide oversight to our Biotech client projects on a global level. This position can be either office or home based in Scandinavia in the following countries only - Norway, Sweden or Denmark.
As the Project Leader or Senior Project Leader you will actively lead the Parexel and client teams by combining deep clinical research experience with insight into client pressures in order to develop the right solution for the client. This requires developing in-depth project management skills and business understanding, clinical knowledge, and experience in order to independently make effective decisions and take action.
You will provide the overall cross-functional leadership of our clinical trials as well as the project teams to achieve operational excellence and deliver projects on time, to budget, to the highest quality as well as being compliant with ICH GCP, and that also meet client expectations. You will be responsible as the Global Project Leader for the profitability of a small to midsize project(s) and client satisfaction, and act as a role model and coach for the team. You may also assume a support project leader role within a project leadership team of multiple PLs/PDs on larger project(s). Project Leaders may also mentor junior staff and Functional Leads for specific projects to help with their development.
Independently responsible for all Project Leader tasks and deliverables according to SOPs on assigned projects:
- Develop and maintain a formal project plan with all key milestones, budgets, and resources assigned to specific tasks and outcomes.
Perform initial and ongoing risk management:
- Identify potential project risks and implement contingency plans, mitigate actual risks with team members and keep client informed about risks and contingencies.
Manage and ensure first time quality on the project deliverables:
- Establish quality standards for the project that drive individual and team commitment to quality.
Develop and manage the client relationship:
- Owns the client relationship at a study level and responsible for client communication ensuring high client satisfaction.
Understand and own the project P&L:
- Manage the project according to budget with revenue recognition and forecasting, including resource management, pass-through management (review, regular reconciliation and forecasting).
Manage the cross-functional project team:
- Enable all stakeholders to achieve successful study completion while maintaining high client satisfaction.
Represent Project Leadership function:
- Represent Project Leadership Function in external client meetings and presentations such as Bid Pursuit Meetings, Investigator Meetings or others as required.
Other assigned responsibilities:
- May include non-billable work such as SOP review and lead or contribute to other organizational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field is essential.
- Advanced degree desirable.
- PMP or equivalent desirable.
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach.
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly accountable with a strong client focus.
- A flexible attitude with respect to assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Basic understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle.
- Ability to work independently with oversight guidance.
- Ability to analyze complex/novel situations using existing tools and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software.
- Ability to become proficient with Parexel systems.
Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research – such as CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning tools.
- ICH and GCP regulations in relevant geographies.
- Solid clinical knowledge and basic understanding of clinical research and protocol design.
- Ability to adopt and work according to Parexel High Performance Culture (HPC) principles.
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE Parexel approach
Knowledge and Experience:
- Advanced experience and understanding in either Early, II-II or Late Phase clinical project management and have demonstratable project leadership skills is essential.
- Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency is desirable.
- Proven substantial project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or contract research organization
- Proven track record of developing client relationships at project level.
- Previous CRO experience is strongly preferred, with involvement in bid defence activities.
- Strong financial management and client relationship skills are essential.
- Applications from candidates with pharma experience will also be considered.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a benefits package including holiday, pension, bonus and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs