Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Associate Director, Service TransitionJob ID 62265BR United Kingdom - Any Region - Home Based
This role is can be decentralized (home based), however travel to the Nottingham office at least once a month must be possible
Travel to client sites (US): Once a quarter
The Associate Service Transition Director will work alongside the project delivery team and be responsible for planning, organizing and preparing the business to be able to accept and deliver the service that is being released or deployed. You will follow the transition process, understand the service to be implemented, the teams and third parties impacted and responsible for the delivery of service, managing the change to those teams that ensures the successful delivery and approval of all technical and operational aspects of the project.
You will follow a project methodology, utilizing your skills as a Project Manager, to understand the expected business value and outcomes, formalize the scope, manage your stakeholders, secure the resources, manage a plan, report on progress, manage risks and issues, take responsibility for escalation and achieve the delivery against the acceptance criteria.
Each project varies in complexity and each has its own unique challenges, whether it involves managing updates, complex transitions, new service implementations or decommissions.
As a Associate Service Transition Director, you will represent the team, show leadership, influence direction and process for service transition and take responsibility for complex projects, situations and escalations.
- Project manages complex business critical projects
- Project plan and reporting of progress
- Risk assessment and management
- Cost & budget management
- Resource leadership
- Stakeholder and relationship management
- Escalation management
- Scope and change control management
- Influence direction and process for communication and expectation across variety of audiences
- Deputizes for the Director Service Transition
- Assists and manages the Service Transition team and deputizes to support escalations or personnel issues in support of or in the absence of the Service transition Director.
- Project Management
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects (typically with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies).
- Change Implementation Planning & Management
- Creates the business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new digital processes or jobs into the "business as usual" environment.
- Configuration Management
- Applies tools, techniques and processes to administer, track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes.
- Performance Management
- Supervises individuals and teams. Allocates routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals’ skills and abilities
Knowledge, Experience & Personal Attributes:
- (Service) Transition Management experience or relevant Project Manager experience delivering into a managed service environment
- Broad knowledge of IT product development, software development and IT service delivery
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience desirable
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Takes responsibility and shows initiative and self-confidence; be adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities. Be aware of the value and perception of your activities on your peers and wider team
- Demonstrable experience of a collaborative attitude to working with colleagues across cultures and time-zones.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with team communication and positive stakeholder management.
- Ability to present to small and medium sized audiences
- Fluent in English both written and oral.
- Prince II with Agile preferred or significant relevant experience.
- ITIL v3 / v4 Foundation or significant relevant experience.
- Degree or significant relevant experience.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs