Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting With Heart®? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people With Heart®.
Associate Director Solution Owner, IDEOJob ID 74422BR United Kingdom - Any Region - Home Based
The solution owner’s main accountability is to represent their assigned solution(s) in the technology and process domain to ensure the business maximizes the benefits and ROI of their solution and improves our ability to serve the needs of patients, sites, sponsors, and internal staff. To achieve this, there will be a need to strongly collaborate with other internal and external stakeholders during the identification, implementation, and support / maintenance of their solution(s) within the business.
- Be a single point of contact for the business in the technology and process space for the represented solutions(s) and a become a trusted and reliable source of information for their solution(s)
- Form strong working relationships with the business (sponsors, stakeholders, SMEs) and other supporting functions (IT, External Vendors, TQM, QA) of the technology through regular interactions.
- In agreement with the business sponsor of the solution(s) act as the business owner for any technology components of the solution(s).
- Help identify and engage appropriate resources at Parexel for the successful completion of:
- Technology implementation
- Process improvement
- Continuous ongoing improvements
- Pre-sales opportunities
- QA, client and QA vendor audits
- Working with an IT BA, help to translate this high level backlog into detailed requirements for validation and implementation of the solution within the business.
- Closely collaborate with business, IT and Vendor stakeholders to formulate the technology strategy/vision for the represented solution(s).
- Maintain a long term roadmap of major updates and releases for represented solution(s) and regularly communicate and verify with business and other stakeholders.
- Work with IT and Vendors to continually deliver the highest priority items on the solution backlog (advocating new features and functions with external Vendors to get these built into their product(s)).
- Collaborate with IT and Vendors to build business cases and secure approvals for new projects.
- Assist IT or vendor during the build or configuration of these requirements and attend review sessions to ensure the new changes are meeting the needs of the business.
- Work with IT, TQM and QA to plan and execute any Vendor audits required to bring a new vendor on-board and assist QA with the follow-up and resolution of any audit findings with the Vendor.
- Work with business, IT and TQM resources to validate any new releases of technology for their represented solution(s), which includes:
- Planning of validation activities
- Securing resources for writing and execution of UAT scripts (in some cases this may be the solution owner themselves)
- Reviewing test results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business, with quality.
- Review and finalization of validation summary reports
- Ensuring there is an adequate process for the maintenance of the solution(s) in a validated state.
- Work with IT, Vendor, and business stakeholders to ensure there is a support and maintenance plan in place to adequately support the solution in production. This may additionally include:
- Attending regular support meetings with IT and/or Vendor for the review of support performance and issue resolution
- Prioritizing support issues and any resulting bug fixes with IT and/or the Vendor
- Communication and/or escalation of critical issues to business sponsor and other senior stakeholders
- Responding to project level or partnership escalations, identifying root causes, and formulating plans to address
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative approach to work and realizes the importance of the outcome to the team and business over the interests of an individual or department.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Able to think tactically and strategically for the formation of technology and longer term plans.
- Able to translate complexity into clarity for a wide audience to understand.
- Service excellence mindset, always willing to try to positively improve the situation.
- Consulting mindset, able to ask the right questions before jumping to solutions and successfully identify the root causes.
- Client focused approach to work.
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and priorities workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Comfort level with technology, able to rapidly adapt to new capabilities and changing business and technology environment.
- General understanding and experience of business processes performed by a CRO in the business of initiating, executing, and reporting clinical trials.
- Thorough understanding and experience of at least one business process area (e.g., Clinical Operations, Feasibility, Site Start-up etc.)
- Thorough business understanding of the technology used by the role to be supported (e.g., CTMS, EDC, eTMF etc.)
- Significant experience in managing the use of technology in the business, including prioritizing features and functions, and understanding the impacts of these changes on the business.
- Thorough understanding of technology implementation, training, support, and maintenance.
- Significant experience of performing return on investment analyses, with follow-up after go-live to prove return.
- Significant consulting experience and able to demonstrate the consulting mindset.
- Significant experience of working with global teams across different time zones.
- MSc/BSc in a related discipline with experience, or very extensive relevant experience in the industry
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs