Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting with heart? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people with heart.
Director, Project Management - BiotechJob ID 69187BR United Kingdom - Any Region - Home Based
We are looking to recruit an experienced Director, Project Leadership (Client Delivery Director) to provide line management and leadership as well as some oversight to our Biotech client projects on a global level. This position can be based in the following locations - UK, Ireland, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Romania, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Serbia, Russia, Lithuania and all can be either office or remotely home based.
In this role you will lead the Parexel and Client teams by combining substantial advanced clinical research experience with insight into client pressures in order to develop the right solution for the client. This requires extensive people leadership skills as well as influencing skills using own network within Parexel and Client organizations, project management skills and business understanding, knowledge, and experience in order to independently make effective decisions and take action.
As a Line Manager you will act as a role model and coach the team and new Senior / Project Leaders. Supervise, lead, and mentor Senior / Project Leaders by effectively managing and developing staff, ensuring that they are motivated and empowered to maximize performance and maintain high morale.
You may lead and contribute to group initiatives as well drive implementation of the outcomes within or across the CDU.
- Provide portfolio level oversight for the account assigned.; Independently accountable for oversight of Project Leader tasks and deliverables according to SOPs and Policies on project portfolio of assigned accounts.
Resolve issues in collaboration with the client and project team
- Provide guidance and serve as a point of escalation for project team members within an account and the client to resolve risks impacting project delivery
Provide oversight to initial and ongoing risk management
- Provide guidance to study team inclusive of client, as necessary, to identify potential project risks and implement contingency plans, mitigate actual risks with team members and keep client informed about risks and contingencies
Oversee and ensure first time quality on the project deliverables
- Provide input into Account Quality agreement as required; provide oversight and support to PDs/PLs on quality standards for the project that drive team commitment to quality
Develop and manage the client relationship, as needed
- Owns the client relationship for the assigned portfolio from a delivery perspective and is responsible for client communication in an oversight role ensuring high client satisfaction.
Understand and own the portfolio/account P&L
- Provide oversight to the team to manage their portfolio / account according to budget with revenue recognition and forecasting, including resource management, timely invoicing and managing Change in Scope.
Facilitate Cross-functional Collaboration
- Enable all stakeholders to achieve successful study completion while maintaining high client satisfaction.
- Behave in a way consistent with Parexel's values and High Performance Culture
- Manage the work
- Solve Problems and Improve Work Processes
- Network Effectively
- Develop Employees
- Motivate and Communicate
- Manage Employee Performance
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field. Advanced degree highly desirable
- PMP or equivalent desirable
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach
- Budget management /financial acumen and capitalize on the diverse background and viewpoints to increase the productivity of the teams/group.
- Highly Accountable
- Excellent knowledge of all operational and regulatory aspects of clinical research
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a deep understanding of communication across cultures and ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Leverages communication across boundaries and uses multiple communication mechanisms to convey information across functional lines and upward within Parexel .
- Understands and uses positional authority to deliver messages effectively.
- Critical thinking & Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Client focused and demonstrates an ability to create and maintain trust with the client through account and personal interactions; act as a trusted advisor and become involved in the client’s decision-making process.
- Strategic Thinking
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning; leading by example.
- Ability to adopt and work according to 'high performance culture (HPC) principles' and to ensure apparent implementation of these values in project/program team(s)
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE Parexel approach
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Expert understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle and consulting of this expertise
- Contingency Planning & Risk Management
- Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance in only the most complex situations and knows when to call on senior management for involvement in communicating to client executives after assessing the organizational implications.
- Sophisticated analytical thought to define and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations
- People Management and Influential skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software
- Ability to become proficient with Parexel systems
- Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research such as CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning tools
- Expert in ICH GCP regulations in relevant geographies
- Solid clinical knowledge and expert understanding of clinical research and protocol design
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency as required
- Proven substantial expert project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or contract research organization
- Proven track record of developing client relationships at program and / or account level
- Significant leadership experience and previous line management experience
- Different trial phase experience (including phases I-IV) is desirable.
- Strong Biotechnology industry experience
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus with a benefits package including holiday, pension, bonus and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs