Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting with heart? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people with heart.
Proposal ManagerJob ID 71215BR United Kingdom - Any Region - Home Based
We are currently looking for a Proposals Manager to be either homebased in the UK or office based in our Uxbridge, UK office.
The Proposal Manager’s role will be to write compelling proposals, which will include drafting and strategically evaluating proposal budgets. This role will have overall management and accountability for the entire proposal process, including coordination of all key operational areas, preparation, review, and strategic development. As well as ensuring smooth transition of awarded proposals to the Contracts Team, which may include first-run revisions/negotiations to text and budgets for newly awarded projects.
- Work closely with Solutions Consultants and CRD/CSD to perform appropriate client / indication / therapeutic area research to support proposal development
- Contact clients as needed to discuss timelines, questions, expectations, deliverables, etc.
- Lead, facilitate and add value to strategy meetings to:
- identify issues and client requirements
- identify key strategy team members
- recommend proposal and study conduct strategy, and internal resourcing, based on experience
- lead senior management and multi-disciplinary discussions to assure full and highquality input
- establish agreement on timelines and deliverables from the strategy meeting, and follow-up to ensure adherence
- Write and create client specific proposal text to accurately reflect strategy discussions, meet PAREXEL and client needs/expectations, assure accuracy and appropriateness of text and attachments
- Draft budgets to reflect both PAREXEL and client needs, including first-run strategic output, assure accuracy, consistency and competitiveness of budgets, facilitate pricing discussions with appropriately identified key decision makers, ensure appropriate and accurate mapping to client budget specifications, provide quality client deliverable to strict deadlines.
- Participate in client calls related to Requests for Proposals, budget discussions, Requests for Information, etc., as needed
- Participate in proposal defense meetings with clients
- Ensure information relating to proposals are processed into and maintained in relevant databases Operations Management / Continuous Improvement
- Participate in the development and testing of tools, procedures, and processes
- Lead/participate in Lessons Learned meetings, as needed
- May provide training / mentoring
QualificationsKnowledge and Experience:
- Must have strong proposal development experience
- Experience in a CRO or Pharma environment required
Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Business or equivalent. MBA preferred
- Confident and professional presence with individuals at all organizational levels both inside and outside of PARAXEL that conveys credibility and subject matter expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and relate to client contacts at all levels
- Excellent negotiation skills including ability to lead negotiations with clients
- Ability to lead internal strategy meetings
- Ability to lead large complex, strategic opportunities
- Delegate work within Business Operations
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Databases)
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs