Medical Communications Opportunities at PAREXEL
By being hired into one of our Medical Communication jobs at PAREXEL International Careers, you’ll be a key member of the PAREXEL International Careers team. Professionals in Medical Communication careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Medical Communication at PAREXEL International Careers may be waiting for you!
Scientific Specialist / Senior Scientific SpecialistJob ID 50090BR United Kingdom - Any Region - Home Based
This role can be based at either our UK Head Office in Uxbridge or at our Worthing office and depending on your level of experience it could also be part or fully home based. The Uxbridge office is close to both Uxbridge train station as well as the town centre and the building has plenty of free onsite parking . Our office in Worthing is in a great location and close to the town centre.
As the Senior / Scientific Specialist you would be part of our Scientific and Editorial Services department. You would act as senior therapy area/content expert and lead the delivery of assigned programs/projects within the account team interacting directly with clients. You would also develop high-quality scientific content by all means of necessary research, scientific writing, editing and fact checking to meet deadlines while working within the project scope and objectives. This would apply to all formats of MedCom’s communication outputs.
In the role you would also acquire and maintain expert knowledge of relevant therapy areas, client products, and objectives as well as taking ownership of assigned projects and programs and take independent action to resolve complex technical issues to ensure excellent project delivery. You will work in partnership with the Scientific Team Lead to ensure quality delivery, client satisfaction, and account growth.
As the Senior / Scientific Specialist you will liaise effectively with client and external authors/opinion leaders during the lifecycle of assigned projects or programs and work directly on projects or provide expert guidance of projects/programs being undertaken by other team members.
- Act as senior content expert on assigned accounts/programs and proactively build client relationships and, in conjunction with Scientific Team Lead and Account Management, ensure client satisfaction and project profitability
- Identify complex technical and process challenges, and work in partnership with Scientific Team Lead to resolve problems/challenges
- Be alert to opportunities to develop follow-on business, and, as a content expert, develop and endeavor to secure NBAs in conjunction with Account Management.
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of department’s service offerings in order to:
o Ensure that discussions with client are informed, appropriate, and consistent with MedCom’s service offerings
o Contribute to client solutions
o Discuss opportunities or issues with account team leadership
- Be familiar and comply with all departmental procedures related to project delivery and tracking, promote adoption of these procedures by others, and recommend appropriate enhancements for efficiency.
Project Execution and Success
- Undertake writing and editing to develop high-quality scientific content
- Prioritize own work and manage project schedule to meet delivery deadlines
- Be familiar with and work within project scope (specification and budget hours) and objectives. Monitor project progress, scope changes, and own hours sufficiently to flag changes in scope to project lead, and proceed accordingly Interpret scientific data accurately and appropriately.
- Experience of oncology is essential
- Advanced computer and Internet skills, including knowledge of MS applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Technical expertise:
o Ability to acquire and apply specialized therapy area knowledge rapidly
o Good breadth of therapy area knowledge
o Ability to interpret and organize highly complex scientific data
o Ability to understand and implement marketing messages
o Scientific writing competency
o Proofreading and copyediting skills
o Ability to quality control check own output according to editorial SOPs, and review and QC work from other team members-
- Effective project management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building competency
- Ability to lead projects and programs
- Strong client focus
- Ability to interact professionally within a client organization
- Ability to prioritize work and define steps needed to achieve specified project outcomes
- Ability to successfully manage assignments on time with high quality
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong mentoring skills
- Willingness to undertake continuous professional learning and development
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Degree and a higher degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Medicine is essential (BSc, BA, preferred. PharmD, PhD, MD are desirable).
- Proficient use of English language
Minimum Work Experience
- Strong prior experience in a similar role within a medical communications agency environment or pharma company.
- Ideally would have good levels of independent responsibility and accountability and worked as a Medical Writer.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus incentive scheme, company car / car allowance plus a good benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading-edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your PAREXEL journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs