Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Senior / Project Leader - OncologyJob ID R0000003829 United Kingdom, Remote
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
Parexel is in the business of improving the world’s health. We do this by providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that help clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do. We believe in our values; Patients First, Quality, Respect, Empowerment & Accountability.
We are looking to recruit highly experienced Project Leader's or Senior Project Leader's with strong expertise in the Therapeutic Area of Oncology to provide project delivery and oversight to both our Enterprise Pharma clients as well as our Biotech client projects on a global level.
Positions are available in the UK (ideally) but will also allow for the following locations : Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Spain, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, Serbia , Lithuania, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and all can be either office or fully home based.
As the Project Leader (Project Manager) or Senior Project Leader (Senior Project Manager) you will actively lead the Parexel and client teams by combining deep clinical research experience with insight into client pressures in order to develop the right solution for the client. This requires developing in-depth project management skills and business understanding, clinical knowledge, and experience in order to independently make effective decisions and take action.
You will provide the overall cross-functional leadership of our clinical trials as well as the project teams to achieve operational excellence and deliver projects on time, to budget, to the highest quality as well as being compliant with ICH GCP, and that also meet client expectations. You will be responsible as the Global Project Leader for the profitability of a small to midsize project(s) and client satisfaction, and act as a role model and coach for the team.
Independently responsible for all Project Leader tasks and deliverables according to SOPs on assigned projects:
- Develop and maintain a formal project plan with all key milestones, budgets, and resources assigned to specific tasks and outcomes.
Perform initial and ongoing risk management:
- Identify potential project risks and implement contingency plans, mitigate actual risks with team members and keep client informed about risks and contingencies.
Manage and ensure first time quality on the project deliverables:
- Establish quality standards for the project that drive individual and team commitment to quality.
Develop and manage the client relationship:
- Owns the client relationship at a study level and responsible for client communication ensuring high client satisfaction.
Understand and own the project P&L:
- Manage the project according to budget with revenue recognition and forecasting, including resource management, pass-through management (review, regular reconciliation and forecasting).
Manage the cross-functional project team:
- Enable all stakeholders to achieve successful study completion while maintaining high client satisfaction.
Represent Project Leadership function:
- Represent Project Leadership Function in external client meetings and presentations such as Bid Pursuit Meetings, Investigator Meetings or others as required.
Other assigned responsibilities:
- May include non-billable work such as SOP review and lead or contribute to other organizational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field is essential.
- Advanced degree desirable.
- PMP or equivalent desirable.
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach.
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly accountable with a strong client focus.
- A flexible attitude with respect to assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Basic understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle.
- Ability to work independently with oversight guidance.
- Ability to analyze complex/novel situations using existing tools and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software.
- Ability to become proficient with Parexel systems.
Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research – such as CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning tools.
- ICH and GCP regulations in relevant geographies.
- Solid clinical knowledge and basic understanding of clinical research and protocol design.
- Ability to adopt and work according to Parexel High Performance Culture (HPC) principles.
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE Parexel approach
Knowledge and Experience:
- Advanced level experience and understanding in any combination of either Early Phase, Phase II-III or Late Phase /IV clinical project management with demonstrable project leadership skills is essential.
- An advanced in-depth knowledge of the ONCOLOGY Therapeutic Area is essential.
- Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency is desirable.
- Proven substantial project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or contract research organization
- Proven track record of developing client relationships at project level.
- Previous CRO experience is strongly preferred, with involvement in bid defence activities.
- Strong financial management and client relationship skills are essential.
- Applications from candidates with pharma experience will also be considered.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a benefits package including holiday, pension, bonus and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs