Project Management Opportunities at Parexel
In a Project Leader job at Parexel, you’ll help deliver sponsor projects and programs on time and on budget. You’ll develop and implement detailed project plans that reflect core objectives, prevent risk, and deliver results in compliance with SOPs, ICH, GCP and other guidelines. Help support the development of advances and treatments that are changing lives. Explore Project Leader jobs at Parexel.
Senior Service Transition ManagerJob ID 52298BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
The primary role of Senior Service Transition Manager is to manage highly complex implementations, whilst also guiding Service Transition Managers on less complex implementations, of new services in TRS and coordinate changes to existing complex services installed in TRS. This is a senior client-facing project management role focused on client support model implementations working collaboratively with Project Team (deployment) and TRS/non-TRS support teams (maintenance).
The role executes Service Transition process in PI and it has responsibility to support Project Managers to deliver projects for various client accounts by providing quality management of service transition to TRS with the goal to minimize the costs of implementation and ongoing maintenance but – at the same time - maximize customer satisfaction.
Senior Service Transition Manager is expected to operate at a number of levels simultaneously in the management of the client support model implementations.
- Responsible for the implementation of assigned service transition of highly complex projects within expected timelines and budget.
- Service Transition Project Management by creation and maintenance of Service Transition to Operations Plan with specific focus on internal and external communication and management of timeline, resources, costs and risks.
- Act as the primary TRS client contact and escalation point during the development of new service offerings and manage the client relationship during the service implementation phase
- Create and maintain Service Transition to Operations Plan utilizing TRS Service Transition standards and project planning tools to define tasks, timelines and resources, manage/mitigate risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress, critical problems and expected outcomes
- Understand TRS Support Model and structure of all TRS and non-TRS (suppliers) support teams to effectively use catalogue of service requirements and service acceptance criteria
- Work collaboratively with TRS Management to agree project resources and define strategies to deliver a complete and seamless service to clients
- Align Service Acceptance Criteria for every support team in scope of managed project and ensure they are covered by Service Transition to Operations Plan.
- Host client kick-off and project planning meetings on behalf of TRS. Gather information to define and document service requirements and propose possible solutions whilst ensuring regular and applicable communication with client/sponsor and TRS Management
- Perform regular financial analysis of service transition cost as well as ongoing service profitability and reporting results and recommendations to Project Management and TRS leadership
- Liaise with Senior TRS Management during times of Associate Director absence
- Allocate TRS Service Transition resources during Associate Director absence
- Promotion of Parexel within the account to assure good relations
- Be available to the Customer or PI Project Leadership at all times as an escalation or contact point should the established channels fail to work effectively.
- The customer should be encouraged to consider Service Transition as their champion within Parexel.
- Detailed understanding of technology, services delivery framework (ITIL, specifically Service Transition) and Project Management methodologies
- Thorough understanding of the clinical IT market and customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills gained through communicating at all levels from Board room down.
- Client focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments, hours of work and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Team leadership gained through managing small teams either directly or through deputizing
- BS/BA required and MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Project Management Certification (PRINCE / PMP) preferred
Minimum Work Experience:
- Experience in clinical research environment, typically gained over a minimum of 5 years
- IT Service Management experience gained typically over a minimum of 2 years
- Project Management experience typically gained over a minimum of 5 years
- Team leadership experience typically gained over a minimum of 2 years
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs