Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Technical Support EngineerJob ID 61181BR United Kingdom - Any Region - Home Based
This role is home based with occasional travel to the Nottingham office when required.
The Technical Support Engineer will be tasked with managing project lifecycle on upgrades of existing installations and installation upgrades of new releases, updates or patches for AppDynamics. Calculate resource consumption for scale-planning for infrastructure used for the implementations. Conducts analysis and performs risk assessments on new versions of controller or agent software.
They will provide input on projecting workload forecasts for self and the team. Able to keep track of time spent working on different projects within TIME management tracker.
Conduct technical investigation to debug issues with telemetry between system interface and the agents
Complete software upgrade on controllers, core services and agents, assists with technical implementation work.
- Work independently, self-organized for planned work schedule. Possesses good decision-making skills and can self prioritize completion of tasks based on project work for timely delivery. Can provide progress updates on project work and assigned actions when called upon during team meeting.
- Communicates well and collaborates with team members, stakeholders and the end users. Clearly articulates on proposed solutions to complex technical design plans or technical related issues.
- Maintain accountability on project deliverables and timelines. Conducts research to get answers to self learn as needed on product knowledge for features or implementation steps on tooling products in use.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and with 3rd party partner vendors on deployment and instrumentation work on projects for the configuration and deployment of AppDynamics as a platform.
- Work with team for adoption on introduced process improvements along with presenting innovation on ideas to help team improve tooling performance, enhance a feature to add value.
- Maintain documentation for change management as needed, utilize industry standards for best practices to retain configuration management on our systems.
- Contribute on key technical decision making, process design updates and feature changes.
- Technical lead on client facing APM integration projects, work with service delivery teams to collect list of application interfaces for target agent installations.
- Maintain monitoring systems for stability and performance metrics to prevent service degradation or interruption. Conduct risk assessment where needed and identify potential gaps.
- Contributes towards collection of KB artifacts to be used for work instructions articles to be added to Service Monitoring Plan documents. Works with team and others to support operational rollout and end user adoption.
- Possesses 3-5 years of hands-on technical engineering experience with application performance monitoring tools including use of Appdynamics. Familiar with technical concepts used for Synthetic user journey monitoring are also a plus.
- Engineer level Experience with application performance monitoring tooling, Primary experience using AppDynamics. Secondary experience with other monitoring tools such as Azure Monitoring, SolarWinds Orion, Dynatrace would also be favorable.
- Preferred Applicant will have fluent experience to perform work to roll out APM, Machine, and Database agents to target list of interfaces that service the hosted platform.
- Able troubleshoot issues on the controller side along agent startup configuration and connectivity along with instrumentation related issues.
- Familiar with server specifications used for the controller along with the core background services, including Admin and Enterprise Consoles.
- Configure Tiers and Nodes, perform work for instrumentation setup for collected analytics thru telemetry onto the controller. Configure Service-Endpoint detection, create entry-points to manually add Service Endpoints when applicable.
- Works with the team on resource and technical scale-planning when on-boarding a new project for adding platforms & integrations for APM monitoring.
- Understands how AppDynamics gets used as a tool to troubleshoot application performance related issues. Ability to demo support user-case scenarios to other technical staff.
- Possesses good people skills, Collaborates and work well with other technical individuals and groups including 3rd party vendors in a professional environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with ITIL, Change Management process, able to apply Parexel principles.
- Time management and prioritization must be capable to adjust for un-planned changes to project schedule.
- Candidate possesses a bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or has related field or equivalent work experience.
- AppDynamics Training Certification (beneficial)
- ITIL V3 or V4 certification highly desirable
Minimum Work Experience
- At least 4 years relevant technical field experience
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs