Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Biomarkers and Genomic Medicine Senior ScientistJob ID 73252BR USA - Any Region - Home Based
• Lead or contribute to develop, test, and adopt new computational methodologies and analytical pipelines to support biomarker discovery and development.
• Perform computational analysis of clinical biomarker data (e.g., transcriptomics, proteomics, epigenetics, microbiome, etc.) and derive scientifically or clinically meaningful interpretations
• Develop biomarker data analysis plan for clinical studies, authors or contributes to the development of clinical protocols, clinical study reports, regulatory responses and submissions and publications for peer review journals working closely with matrixed clinical development team
• Responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of client programs and projects to timelines, quality expectations and regulatory requirements.
• Accountable for end to end delivery and quality review of all client projects under their leaderships
• Develops and maintains a positive relationship with internal and external clients and team members, building partnerships and promoting teamwork
• Lead or contributes to the development of departmental capabilities including procedures, analytical pipeline and technologies
• May lead project team and coordinate the activities of a multi-disciplinary team
• Demonstrates independent thought and ability to influence design and implementation of projects and program deliverable
• Contributes to the preparation of marketing materials and client proposals
• May deliver sales and marketing presentations to potential clients
Qualifications• A Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline (Computational Biology, Computer science, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or similar), with 5+ yrs experience in biopharmaceutical or CRO industry experience (or Master degree in the above relevant disciplines and more extensive experience)
• Deep understanding and solid experience in machine/deep learning modeling and data analysis using state-of-the-art platforms and tools
• Strong data analytical skills in building complex and well-design cloud-based models (e.g. using AWS or Domino)¬
• Strong experience using R for complex data analysis is required. Experience with other high-level programming languages such as Python is a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of SAS computing package is desired. Must possess basic hands-on experience with statistical analysis.
• Solid technical knowledge of advanced mathematics, data mining, an¬d big data platforms in biological and/or clinical data is a plus.
• Broad experience with analyzing data generated by one or more high-throughput molecular assays (e.g. NGS, proteomics, epigenetics, microbiome)
• Experience with reproducible research practices, including GitHub, is required. Must possess at least intermediate-level expertise of UNIX/LINUX environment
• Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking
• Models and promotes the importance of teamwork and working in a matrix environment.
• Exhibits and promotes a flexible attitude to work assignments and new learning
• Advanced skills in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
• Excellent verbal and written communication, data presentation, and visualization skills
• Based upon client needs, East Coast based candidates are strongly preferred. However, consideration may be given to exceptional candidates in the Central time zone of the US who have the ability to work East Coast hours
Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs