Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Contract ManagerJob ID R0000007494 United States of America - Remote - Southeast
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
Home Based, US
The Contract Manager’s role is to ensure consistent management of all contracts through "management" of the contract management process, development of account specific standards, documentation and negotiations. The Contract Manager serves as the Client's primary interface regarding contractual issues.
- Overall management responsibility for the contract process for specific or varied accounts including coordination of Operations, Project Management, Legal, Business Development and Finance to prepare, review, and negotiate contracts
- Serve as primary client contact during the negotiation phase
- On-going interface with clients regarding contractual issues during the lifetime of a project
- Establish and maintain direct client contact
- Create, negotiate and finalize budgets and contractual documents, including Start-up Agreements, Work Orders and Change Orders
- Development of account specific standards for contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, standard contract language, etc., and discussion/negotiation with client as appropriate
- On-going proactive involvement with project management in review of project status, including review of contractual status to ensure compliance with contractual terms and milestones and identification of changes in scope in contracts
- Communicate with and inform the FBP of ongoing budget changes and provide finance system load ready budget tools in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure information relating to contractual documents are processed into and maintained in relevant databases
- Customize Parexel templates to meet client template requirements
- Participate in the development and testing of tools and procedures
- May have some Line Management responsibilities, including:
- Performance management and staff development
- Training / mentoring
- Workflow management
- Ability to lead internal strategy meetings &lead negotiations with clients
- Delegate work within Business Operations
- Meet strict deadlines
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Confident deal with all internal and external staff levels
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors Degree in Life Science, Business or equivalent. MBA preferred
- Fluent in English, oral and written
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in contract management, proposal development or related field
- Knowledge of clinical trials and/or industry experience
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP in the provision of clinical trials
- Good knowledge of cash flow and revenue recognition
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Databases)
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs