Project Management Opportunities at Parexel
In a Project Leader job at Parexel, you’ll help deliver sponsor projects and programs on time and on budget. You’ll develop and implement detailed project plans that reflect core objectives, prevent risk, and deliver results in compliance with SOPs, ICH, GCP and other guidelines. Help support the development of advances and treatments that are changing lives. Explore Project Leader jobs at Parexel.
Director, Project Leadership - Biotech - Home-basedJob ID 59791BR USA - Any Region - Home Based
Account management responsibilities may include providing portfolio level oversight of large, complex clinical trials or clinical trial programs for an account or a grouping of accounts. The role will ensure the project teams assigned to relevant account(s) achieve operational excellence and will take accountability for delivering projects/programs on time, to budget, to the highest quality, and in compliance with ICH GCP, ensuring we meet client expectations. This position is responsible for oversight of profitability of a project(s), program(s) or portfolio, the oversight of quality of project delivery in accordance with the timelines, and the development of the client teams’ relationship, as required, inclusive of client satisfaction. Director, Project Leadership, may contribute actively in proposal development teams, using their knowledge and experience to develop innovative plans and program architecture. Works independently, will request interaction/supervision by Line Manager only if needed.
When having Line Management responsibilities, Director, Project Leadership, will act as a role model and coach for the team and new Project Leaders. Supervise, lead, and mentor Project Leaders by effectively managing and developing staff, ensuring that they are motivated and empowered to maximize performance and maintain high morale. This includes ensuring successful performance and delivery of his/her direct report’s projects, on time, and meeting client satisfaction targets. This position may be involved in recruitment, interviewing, selection and onboarding of new staff to Project Leadership as well as participating in the assignment of the right project leaders/directors to the different
QualificationsAbility to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach
• Budget management /financial acumen and capitalize on the diverse background and viewpoints to
increase the productivity of the teams/group.
• Highly Accountable
• Excellent knowledge of all operational and regulatory aspects of clinical research
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a deep understanding of
communication across cultures and ability to communicate effectively with clients.
• Leverages communication across boundaries and uses multiple communication mechanisms to
convey information across functional lines and upward within PAREXEL.
• Understands and uses positional authority to deliver messages effectively.
• Critical thinking & Problem Solving
• Conflict Management
• Client focused and demonstrates an ability to create and maintain trust with the client through
account and personal interactions; act as a trusted advisor and become involved in the client’s decision-making process.
• Strategic Thinking
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning; leading by example.
• Ability to adopt and work according to 'high performance culture (HPC) principles' and to ensure
apparent implementation of these values in project/program team(s)
• Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE PAREXEL approach
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention
• Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
• Expert understanding of all aspects of project lifecycle and consulting of this expertise
• Contingency Planning & Risk Management
• Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance in only the most complex situations and
knows when to call on senior management for involvement in communicating to client executives after assessing the organizational implications.
• Sophisticated analytical thought to define and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations
• People Management and Influential skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software
• Ability to become proficient with PAREXEL systems
• Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research such as CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning tools
• Expert in ICH GCP regulations in relevant geographies
• Solid clinical knowledge and expert understanding of clinical research and protocol design
• Competencies aligned to Project Leadership Job Models for: Project Planning; Project Execution; Project Fulfillment; Financial Management; Risk Management; Quality Management; Team Leadership; Communication and Relationship Management
Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency as required
• Proven substantial expert project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical
research, or contract research organization
• Proven track record of developing client relationships at program and / or account level
• Significant leadership experience and previous line management experience
• Different trial phase experience (including phases I-IV) is desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field. Advanced degree highly desirable
• PMP or equivalent desirable
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs