Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Manager, Contract ManagementJob ID R0000007420 Southeast - Remote - United States of America
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
Home Based, US
As Manager, Contracts Management you will lead and manage a team of contract professionals which includes performance management & staff development. You will train, mentor & coach and assign work responsibilities to staff.
The Manager's role is to ensure consistent management of all contracts through "management" of the contract management process, development of account specific standards, documentation and negotiations. You will also serve as the Client's primary interface regarding contractual issues.
- Overall management responsibility for the contract process for specific or varied accounts including coordination of Operations, Project Management, Legal, Business Development and Finance to prepare, review, and negotiate contract documents and associated budgets
- Serve as primary client contact during the negotiation process
- On-going interface with clients regarding contractual issues during the lifetime of a project
- Establish and maintain direct client contact
- Create, negotiate and finalize contractual documents, including Start-up Work Orders, Work Orders and Change Orders
- Establish partnerships with key clients
- Development of account specific standards for contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, standard contract language, etc., and discussion/negotiation with client as appropriate
- On-going proactive involvement with project management in review of project status, including review of contractual status to ensure compliance with contractual terms and milestones and identification of CIS changes to contracts
- May have responsibility to develop proposals as needed or as part of account responsibility
- Ensure information relating to contractual documents are processed into and maintained in relevant databases
- Customize Parexel templates to meet client template requirements
- Lead or participate in the development and testing of tools and procedures
- Ability to lead internal strategy meetings
- Ability to lead negotiations with clients, including legal terminology if needed single-handed
- Able to delegate work within Business Operations
- Meet strict deadlines
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Highly confident to deal with all internal and external staff levels
- Proven negotiator with variety of clients and contracts
- Ability to work with and relate to client contacts at all levels
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors Degree in Life Science, Business or equivalent. MBA, Ph.D. or equivalent preferred
- Fluent in English, oral and written
Minimum Work Experience
- Broad experience in contract management
- Knowledge of clinical trials and/or industry experience
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP in the provision of clinical trials
- Comprehensive knowledge of cash flow and revenue recognition
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Databases)
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs