Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Program SpecialistJob ID R0000002718 United States of America - Remote - Northeast
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
Parexel has a fantastic opportunity for a Program Specialist to join our global Medical Communications team (Publications). The Program Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day project management of assigned projects, working closely with all members of the delivery team across departments.
- Project Planning and Delivery
- Assist with project/program requirements with Senior Program Specialist/Account Manager or Account Director/Scientific & Editorial Services/Meeting Services; participate in scope definition
- Assist Account Manager with defining staffing requirements and raise issues relating to staffing levels as appropriate
- Create project plan and delivery schedule and assist with project metrics and risk management and communications plans
- Undertake program/project scheduling
- Assist Senior Program Specialist with initiating project kick-off meetings
- Ensure appropriate project folders are set up and understood by internal project team
- Set up appropriate tracking systems
- Maintain detailed awareness of project status in order to respond appropriately to client/faculty/internal questions
- Serve as key internal and external point of contact regarding project status ensuring proactive communication of project status with client, faculty, and internal team
- Work with Senior Program Specialist to ensure project is aligned with product strategy and messages as appropriate through liaison with and involvement of Account Manager or Account Director and functional areas as needed
- Assist Senior Program Specialist in identifying issues and problems and recommend solutions internally and to clients; promote significant opportunities for improvement to management
- Ensure project budget and delivery timing is achieved
- Review project reports ensuring quality and accuracy of information; address exceptions as needed
- Identify change in scope issues, assess cost implications, and frame issues for Account and Functional Management
- Work closely with Senior Program Specialist to review and challenge team delivery processes, identifying and sharing Best Practices to improve quality of service and overall efficiencies
Support Account Manager/Account Director/Business Development in proposal development as required, particularly in relation to:
- Program components and specification
- Implementation process
- Where requested provide input to the budgeting process, liaising with all relevant parties to help create an appropriate client budget
- Undertake financial tracking, monitoring budget status for assigned projects, raising variances as appropriate and advising management regarding status
Qualified candidates will possess:
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous MedCom Agency project management experience.
- A good understanding of, and experience in, the medical communications business managing client projects supporting $2.5-3M book of business, preferably with experience of working across a variety of functions,and previous scientific publications experience
- Ability to deliver projects to completion on time and within budget
- Team player with strong negotiation and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Project management expertise
- Proactive approach
- Ability to relate to key client personnel and faculty in a professional fashion
- General knowledge of EACCME/ACCME/FDA/AMA and publications guidelines
- Competent in the use of Word (Advanced), PowerPoint (Advanced), Excel (Advanced), and Outlook and a sound knowledge of databases (eg, Access)
- A confident self-starter who is capable of knowing how best to action/respond to specific requests and information received from a variety of external and internal sources
- Bachelors degree in Business or life sciences preferred
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs