Data Management Opportunities at Parexel
Discover Parexel, a premier service provider for the global pharmaceutical industry that can offer you the opportunity to make a profound difference in millions of lives. You'll be immersed in diverse projects that keep you challenged every day, as well as surrounded by colleagues who share your passion and dedication. Bring life-saving treatments to the world with a Data Management job at Parexel. You'll collaborate with a diverse multi-functional team and use an array of technologies on global projects. In addition, our fast-paced environment will give you an opportunity to learn something new every day while you support the accurate collection, organization and analysis of clinical data on small and large studies. Achieve your personal and professional goals with a career in Data Management at Parexel. Our advancement opportunities, individual development and professional growth programs will inspire you to be your best each and every day. If you're a motivated team player, eager to make an impact within Parexel and in the world, join us.
Scientific Data Technology DirectorJob ID 51751BR USA - Any Region - Home Based
The Scientific Data Technology Director must demonstrate the ability to assume senior-level leadership and project management responsibilities in a large-scale and highly complex global organization. He/she must be a proven leader in applying technology in mission-critical systems environment. The Scientific Data Technology Director implements and manages technology solutions that support the scientific and real-world data needs of PAREXEL. These solutions include 3rd party technologies that collect, store, analyze, and otherwise operate on scientific data. They also include internal applications, systems and infrastructure.
Essential Function and Key Accountabilities:
• Leads a team to curate scientific data from multiple sources, internally and externally to meet clients and business needs. The Data Technology Director will use their expertise to partner with key internal and external stakeholders to provide Scientific Data Technology solutions.
• Participates in technology initiatives and senior- level projects, fostering strategic partnerships with vendors, IT and the business
• Input to the strategic development of new programs, projects and activities by identifying and prioritizing emerging areas or existing gaps in the area of new technology developments.
• Educate internal clients on the use of SDO technology solutions
• Partner with stakeholders in businesses to match needs and technology requirements
• Evaluates and recommends new information technologies that leads the organization forward in the implementation of the strategic plan.
• Manages a portfolio of SDO technology projects and systems of significant risk and value which are critical to operations, are highly complex and have a broad impact on the business.
• Oversees the execution of portfolio performance metrics to ensure the technology delivers value to the organization
• Assist in product solution identification, evaluation, selection, implementation, testing, and working with the IT Delivery Team(s) in delivering the business requirements
Vendor Relationship Management
• Manage vendor relationships for a portfolio of technology solutions
• Take ownership for and with responsible parties at PAREXEL on contract requirements
• Take ownership for and with responsible parties in PAREXEL on contractual activities
• Ensure contracted services are efficiently utilized for maximized value to PAREXEL
•Work with Data Stewards to ensure that data groups are available and usable in the SDO technology infrastructure
• Monitor system performance by working with It and vendor stakeholders
• Manage down time by working with IT and vendor stakeholders
• Provide user support
• Assist in user training, including coordinating vendor-provided training
• Maintain directory of user support materials
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer focus (internal and external)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to connect business needs with technology performance requirements
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Ability to set and manage priorities
• Ability to deploy and manage enterprise applications
• Proficiency in data related technologies such as databases/SQL, Python or similar scripting, MS Excel
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Senior: Requires limited oversight
Knowledge and Experience:
• Be an expert on SDO technology solutions
• In depth understanding of the drug development and clinical study process
• Experience in enterprise data management and data warehousing
• Experience with pharmaceutical, electronic medical record, medical payer, pharmacy and other forms of real world healthcare data
• Experience implementing and maintaining standards-adherent solutions
• Experience in technical project management and execution
• Experience managing vendor relationships and contracts
• Experience managing budgets of technology solutions
• Experience in platform environments
• Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including data repositories, networking, security, data centers, and servers
• Experience in tactical technology planning, execution, and policy management
• Senior: At least 10 years in field
• BS in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience in relevant technical area, required
• Masters in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience in relevant technical area, preferred
EEO DisclaimerPAREXEL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs