Business Development Opportunities at PAREXEL
By being hired into one of our Business Development jobs at PAREXEL International, you’ll be a key member of the PAREXEL International team. Professionals in Business Development careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Business Development at PAREXEL International may be waiting for you!
Client Relationship DirectorJob ID 50708BR USA - Northeast - Home Based
PAREXEL's Mission is to, "Combine the strength of our expertise, experience and innovation to advance the worldwide success of the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries in preventing and curing disease." The Enterprise Team partners with our key clients in getting their drugs and devices approved and on the market to help patients across the globe.
Our Client Relationship Director's provide commercial and account leadership. They support the Account Leader in development, implementation, and achievement of the business vision, strategy, plan, financial metrics and execution for the account.
- Support Account Leader in therapeutic area, service line or region specific account plans
- Direct responsibility for assigned Accounts including NBA growth, Bid pursuit, commercial negotiation of contracts
- Lead activities that accelerate growth and profitability
- Develop or contribute to account plans
- Working in a consultative manner, identify opportunities and collaborate with Account Leader to develop winning and integrative solutions across SBUs
- Develop proposal narratives and executive summaries
- Lead bid pursuit meeting
- Lead and sign off proposal strategy and development in collaboration with cross functional colleagues
- Ensure that pricing is appropriate to win the business and meet financial targets, including profitability, contractual terms and business risk
- Pursue awareness of competitive activities, position and pricing, including reasons for awards and non-awards
Account Leadership and Business Development
- Understand the clients’ development and commercial strategy, product development portfolio, and pain points
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ organizational structures and key stakeholders
- Identify client needs and develop creative solutions for projects, leveraging expertise, operational capabilities and technologies
- Maintain high visibility within client organization (e.g., therapeutic area, service line, region)
- Maintain solid knowledge of all PAREXEL services and value propositions for appropriate cross-selling opportunities
- Be the senior point of escalation for delivery/operational issues and arrange for follow through of resolutions via the appropriate departments
- Maintain positive client relationships to drive repeat business
- Ensures appropriate hand-off to delivery team liaising with Project
- Integrator Role or Project Leader to transfer knowledge on client needs and expectations
- Maintain close relationships with delivery teams for identification of new opportunities to ensure account growth
QualificationsKnowledge and Experience
- 7+ years previous experience working in pharmaceutical services environment, preferably in a CRO, Life Sciences Company or Consulting background specializing in Life Sciences.
- Experience within Phase II/III and/or Access
- Experience in both sales and delivery roles
- Strategic and/or consulting skills in helping clients maximize short- and long-term drug development goals
- Ability to build relationships and to communicate at senior management level
- Solid understanding of the principles of drug discovery and development
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Ability to influence and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, clients and customers
- Experience in presenting, packaging and proposing integrated solutions to demonstrate value and potential return on investment to clients
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial drive blending urgency, strategic thinking, and an awareness of influencing behavior in a global environment
- Highly effective communicator at all levels with both clients and internally. Must be open and direct with strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable operating in a demanding, fast paced environment and be capable of reacting swiftly to changing business demands
- Should be driven to deliver quality results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner
Education - BS degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Travel on a regulator basis to client sites, up to 30%
EEO DisclaimerPAREXEL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs