Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Senior Genomic Medicine Scientist - AI/Machine LearningJob ID 81763BR USA - Any Region - Home Based
• Research and develop cutting-edge ML, deep learning and AI algorithms for application to cellular imaging data.
• Apply computer vision methods to extract descriptive features from images.
• Collaborate with computational scientists, pathologists and experimental scientists to design optimal experiments for model training and evaluation
• Responsible for the operational delivery of multiple aspects of a client or collaborator program and projects to timelines, quality expectations, and regulatory requirements.
• Design and perform bioinformatics analyses and data visualization, including analytics associating image analysis features or other types of biomarker data with the response and survival data using cox regression models, hypothesis testing, ROC analysis, and other statistical tools
• Develop applications or web portals for interactive data visualization and dissemination.
• Active participation in the testing of pathology image management and analysis systems, tools and technology.
• Manage, prepare and analyze large data sets including images to automate ML model development, testing, and applications.
• Prepare and present research findings to other groups. Represents Parexel at marketing and scientific meetings
• Develops and maintains a positive relationship with internal and external clients and team members, building partnerships and promoting teamwork
• Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related computational discipline with five or more years working experience in pathology lab and/or biopharmaceutical/CRO company; Or MS with more extensive working experience.
• Excellent programming skills in one or more analytics packages such as R, Python and/or MATLAB (R or Python preferred) and with multiple ML, CV and deep learning libraries.
• Strong knowledge and experience applying statistics, modeling and supervised and unsupervised inference to complex multivariate biological data.
• Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking.
• Prior experience working within the biotech/pharma industry, processing and analyzing digitized microscopy or pathology images.
• Knowledge of various digital imaging scanner and/or experience imaging chromogen and fluorescent stains is desired.
• Prior experience developing image analysis algorithms for feature extraction of various cell types through stains and/or morphometric features is desired.
• Prior experience with applying machine learning and/or deep learning tools for medical imaging tasks is preferred.
• Has developed and deployed image analysis workflows for capture, organization and storage.
• Experience with distributed development systems (Github, Docker) in a Linux based environment including automation via shell scripting.
• Experience developing interactive visualizations via technologies such as Shiny is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to collaborate effectively with lab scientists and pathologists.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent, fast-paced projects.
• The ability to work across organizations to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole. Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization.
• Track record of scientific leadership exemplified by first author peer-reviewed publications ideally related to image analysis is a plus.
• Previous experience working in oncology is preferred.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs