Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting With Heart®? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people With Heart®.
Technical Proposal SpecialistJob ID 74404BR USA - Any Region - Home Based
This is an internal and on rare occasion, external client facing position that collaborates with varying levels of our organization based on our client requests. This position creates budgets and matching scope of work text for large, complex proposals and also provides support and oversight to Pre-sales colleagues for client bid grids. Requires excellent customer service skills, significant knowledge of the drug research cycle, attention to detail, and the ability to be persistent while communicating appropriately and effectively with internal stakeholders to facilitate the development of client-ready project budgets.
Overall accountability for budget development for complex proposals and client bid grids. Provides training, support and oversight to Proposal Specialists and Proposal Managers to populate client bid grids. Receives and analyzes Requests for Proposals (RFPs) documentation including the study protocol or synopsis from Client Relationship Directors (CRD) or Consultative Sales Directors (CSD) to properly scope the budget. Prepares and modifies strategic budgets as appropriate to respond to request for proposals (RFPs) and revisions based on SME feedback.
Facilitates obtaining third party quotes as needed. Effectively and efficiently determines appropriate risk mitigation and or escalation strategy involving management as deliverables are at risk and/or as needed. Ensures operational and finance led risk assessments are completed. Ensures budgets agree with RFP, client specifications and communications, and internal assumptions.
Ensure smooth transition of awarded opportunity budgets to the Contracts team, which may include first-run revisions/negotiations to budgets for newly awarded projects. May also include partnering with other Pre-sales colleagues to facilitate the overall management of larger and/or more complicated proposal preparations and/or programs, partnerships, and any relevant scenario modellings.
- Specifically, manage budgets for large complex client RFP/Programs
- Typically partnered with a proposal specialist or proposal manager that will lead the opportunity and manage proposal text
- Attend strategy call and other meetings to:
- Identify issues and client requirements
- Recommend scoping and budget strategy, based on experience
- Establish agreement on timelines and deliverables, and follow-up to ensure adherence
- Lead senior management and multi-disciplinary discussions to assure full and high-quality input
- Reflect both Parexel and client needs, including first-run strategic output
- Assure accuracy, consistency, and competitiveness of budgets
- Facilitate pricing discussions with appropriately identified key decision makers
- Ensure appropriate and accurate mapping to client budget specifications
- Participate in client meetings to explain budget cost drivers, etc.
- Map full client bid grids without supervision and split budgets into parts as needed
- Development of commercial terms
- Ensure budgets are delivered in line with Parexel’s Decision Rights policy
- Takes full ownership of all deliverables, incorporating quality control checks and proactively applies lessons learned from prior deliverables
- Map complex client bid grids for Pre-sales colleagues. Requirement for Technical Proposal Specialist support will be identified upon receipt and assignment of RFP.
- Lead or participate in the development and testing of costing tools and procedures.
- Identify areas of improvement within costing tools (both individually and through proactively / periodically obtaining group feedback)
- Liaise with the Pricing Technical Excellence group for implementation and user acceptance testing of improvements
- Evaluate updates to scoping and pricing tools prior to general release to group
- Devise and conduct training programs for new Pre-sales team members
- Extensive understanding of different operational aspects of clinical study conduct in different regions across the world, which may be demonstrated by previous work experience in the industry
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior negotiation and organizational skills with ability to perform several tasks simultaneously
- Excellent numeracy, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Above-average attention to detail, excellent oral/written communication skills along with highly developed interpersonal and strong team orientated skills
- Displays confidence interacting with all levels of staff
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Effective escalation management
- Approaches work with a sense of urgency and a positive attitude
- Comprehensive (6-8 years) budget development and budget grid mapping experience in a CRO environment or similar and at multinational and multicultural companies.
- Ability to work from home
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client’s proposal deadline
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in a business or health related field (MBA Preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs