As part of Parexel Consulting, you will create and maximize value for clients throughout the product lifecycle. You will be a strategic guide in getting products to market faster, smarter – and keeping them there –your scientific, technical, regulatory, and/or commercial expertise will put best practice standards to work for biopharmaceutical and medical device companies large and small.
In return, you will be provided with interesting opportunities for growth and development and exposed to a variety of challenging assignments, product types, geographic regions, and therapeutic areas. Plus, as member of Parexel Consulting, you will enjoy all the advantages of working remotely, combined with access to the mentorship from a team of highly experienced regulatory professionals at the height of their careers. Join our team, and you will design solutions for the complexities of an ever-changing global marketplace.
- Full Time
- Travel: Yes
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"When submitting major market applications, it’s key to ensure that the technical integrity of all data meets regulated requirement standards. Parexel makes this possible with a diverse team of seasoned professionals who care about getting important medicines to patients. This is Regulatory Operations at its best."Chris – Associate Director, Regulatory & Access
"In this role, I have had the unique opportunity to work with regulatory experts who are not only some of the most distinguished in their field, but are also some of the most compassionate people I know. I’ve been able to grow so much professionally by standing on the shoulders of giants!"Riley – Regulatory Affairs Consultant
We are one truly global team working together to propel each client´s journey ahead faster.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – never boring!
Strong management with depth of experience working for global health authorities.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to influence the development strategies of pace-setting biopharma companies, there’s no better place to be than as a Vice President, Technical on Parexel’s Regulatory Consulting Services team (RCS)! As a VP, Tech you’ll work on a variety of assignments, diverse product types, in an array of therapeutic areas for clients with wide-ranging geographical considerations while enjoying fantastic career opportunities and work/life balance all while working from home.
With Parexel Regulatory Consulting, you’ll be creating opportunity for clients throughout the product lifecycle. Sharing your scientific, technical, regulatory and/or commercial expertise with them, so that they can bring better, safer products to market, in line with regulators’ requirements.
You’ll be meeting new situations and learning all the time. In fact, one of the key characteristics you’ll see in our VP Techs is innate curiosity along with a passion for the science, the industry, and public health.
You’ll be working at a senior / strategic level, and leading teams of respected SMEs in supplying the answers. And, if you’re not already, you’ll soon certainly become a visible figure in the industry.
If you’re committed to public health and want to make a difference, this is the ideal role.
We’re currently seeking highly experienced Clinical Regulatory Leaders, Health Authority Medical Review Team Leads, Master/Senior Medical Review Officers who are looking to draw upon their wealth of experience in clinical trial design and drug development to join Parexel’s highly recognized Regulatory Consulting Services team!
A Technical Vice President must be an internationally recognized professional in their field of expertise with fully proven rainmaking skills and relationships at the most senior levels within client organizations. A Technical VP must have a thorough understanding of the organization’s consulting models and methodologies, as well as extensive knowledge of what services RCS provides. A Technical VP provides a full range of consulting services and works within their personal area of expertise. A Technical VP provides mentoring and guidance to other RCS employees and leads knowledge-centered activities within RCS. A Technical VP participates in the development of new service offerings, consulting models and methodologies.
- Works within a team environment or individually based on the project needs
- Works within broad project guidelines and leads issue and conflict resolutions
- Prioritizes own workload and prioritizes the workload of the project team to achieve the project scope and objectives
- Capitalizes on opportunities to improve project efficiency, results or team performance and proactively takes action
- Leverages information from previous projects or other client work to efficiently complete assigned project activities as well as facilitate business decisions
- Produces quality work that meets the expectations of RCS and the client. Reviews the work of colleagues for content and quality to ensure the expectations of the client and RCS are met
- Manages project engagements (small or large)
- Interacts with the assigned Project Assistant to ensure accurate financial management and for general project support
- Provides guidance to project team members and acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Frequently presents speeches or seminars to industry groups based on recognized expertise in his/her field
- Frequently authors articles for publication in industry magazines, newsletters, book chapters and other forums
- Reviews the thought leadership activities (presentations, articles) of colleagues for content and quality to ensure the expectations of RCS are met
- Regularly quoted by general and industry news outlets
- When applicable, serves as a leading member of industry association boards, task forces and committees and/ or as chairperson or officer of one or more professional associations
- Contributes expertise to professional societies, academic or other similar groups influential in his/ her area of expertise
- Reinforces the knowledge-centered activities within RCS based on their own knowledge and expertise
- Facilitates improvements to the Parexel business processes
- Facilitates new service and consulting model development
- Adapts the appropriate organization’s consulting models and methodologies when unique situations present themselves as well as designs//improves the methodologies when needed
- Provides a full range of technical and/or business consulting services across multiple disciplines of services including representing clients to regulatory agencies
- Completes and delegates project activities in a timely manner with an understanding of issues which may impact project profitability and client satisfaction
- Acts as a trusted advisor to clients, often on issues that lack precedent or are not clearly defined
- Acts as a loaned executive for a client when required
- Facilitates resolutions to possible problems or conflicts within the project team and/or the client
- Provides guidance as needed to lower level colleagues on appropriate methods of executing project activities
- Develops and implements business solutions addressing specific client needs using expertise, best practices and knowledge of the client’s business and key industry drivers
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally at multiple levels including senior and executive management within a client organization. Presents to client boards and provide strategic advice to the C suite
- Plans and delivers services and solutions which results in clients expressing satisfaction with service provided and builds relationships which results in additional business or referrals
- Identifies opportunities for follow-on business or changes in project scope and exploits the opportunities with RCS management and account management
- Education - MD or PhD required
- Minimum Work Experience - 15+ years experience with expert level industry or regulatory knowledge experience in Clinical Development/Clinical Trial Design, Clinical Strategy, and authoring clinical sections of regulatory applications. Previous experience with a regulatory agency (such as the FDA or MHRA) as a Senior / Master Medical Review Officer, Team Lead, etc. or a related Medical role ie. Clinical Pharmacology Review is required.
- Previous Rare Disease experience is highly preferred. However, individuals with other areas of therapeutic area expertise eg. endocrinology, neurology, pulmonary, gastroenterology, advanced tissue therapy, etc. will also be considered.
- The ability to travel up to 30% domestically and/or internationally may be required for Client and/or Health Authority Meetings and Thought Leadership/Conference Attendance
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs