Meet Jitender Takyar: Associate Director in Health Economics and Outcome Research (India)
"The work culture at Parexel is unique. The team here is very collaborative and shares each other’s success and challenges. Parexel has supportive leadership that listens and values everyone’s opinion."
Jitender Takyar, Associate Director in Health Economics and Outcome Research, tells us how he supports our clients with his strategic recommendations and what skills are needed to deliver the value story of new treatments. Jitender also details the opportunities for growth Parexel has provided professionally.
- Please introduce yourself and your role at Parexel.
Hello, I am Jitender Takyar working as Associate Director in Health Economics and Outcome Research team (HEOR). My role revolves around evidence synthesis supporting product development at various stages of decision-making before patients have access to new drugs.
- Can you tell me what a day in your job looks like? What are your core responsibilities?
My day usually begins with guiding team members on the projects, providing strategic recommendations to clients, engaging with our global teams to support the value story of products and supporting various departmental initiatives, besides line managing, training and developing my team.
- When did you join Parexel, and why did you choose Parexel above our competitors?
I joined Parexel in Dec 2012. I chose Parexel as it leads the industry in the field of expertise to support market access strategy and product value proposition. Parexel provides an excellent work environment for personal development and career growth.
- What traits and/or skills are needed to be successful in your role?
The basic need is subject matter expertise in HEOR with strong analytical and data synthesis skills. Keeping an eye on details and providing strategic and timely inputs to clients to support the value story is also very important. It is equally important to stay pro-active, organized, flexible, and up to date as regulations on evidence submission keep evolving.
- What would you like people to know about your job or department?
Our team is an expert group involved in strategic evidence generation. The evidence synthesis done by our team is pivotal in demonstrating the value proposition of new treatments to various stakeholders including HTA bodies, payers, physicians, and patients.
- How would you describe what it’s like to work at Parexel?
The work culture at Parexel is unique. The team here is collaborative and shares each other’s success and challenges. Parexel has supportive leadership that listens and values everyone’s opinion.
- What excites you most about the work you do?
The most exciting thing about my work is that patients can access new treatments that were hitherto unavailable.
- How would you describe what it’s like working with your colleagues?
It is a great learning experience while I'm working with my colleagues in Parexel who are pioneers in the HEOR space.
- How has Parexel supported your career development?
I feel privileged to be part of this great team for the last ten years and thankful for the opportunities afforded to me to contribute to society and grow professionally from an Associate to Associate Director in the organization.
- What do you enjoy when you’re not at work?
I enjoy playing with my kids and hanging out with my college friends at my favorite place which is our University campus.
- Tell me three beliefs that you think would change the world for the better.
- Being kind and understanding to others.
- Treating everyone with respect.
- Paying back to society whenever feasible.
Do you want to work with Jitender and his colleagues? Look for available opportunities here.
Did you enjoy Jitender's story? If so, share it with your networks via the below links.
Meet Roopa: Medical Writing
Roopa offers us an insight into her role and progression within Parexel, and her commitment to DE&I.
Meet Kanika: Principal Finance Business Partner
Kanika describes her role within finance operations and why she chose to join Parexel
Join one of our 5 locations in India. Parexel India employs ~5770 employees, which represents 25% of our global population. We offer a supportive and fun work culture, flexibility, career growth, and learning opportunities.
Featured jobs India
- Senior Statistical Programmer 84694BR India
- Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate R0000003107 India
- Statistical Programmer I R0000002829 India
- Junior Regulatory Affairs Associate R0000002418 India
- Accounts Payable Specialist R0000001822 India