Everything we do has the potential to impact patient lives, and our Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) take their work seriously, demonstrate empathy, and act with heart. They also perform with urgency, navigating our streamlined clinical operating model to drive effectiveness, reduce handoffs and increase employee, client and site satisfaction.
As a CRA at Parexel, you‘ll be joining a team with a wide variety of experiences and knowledge. We’re looking for people like you to take the initiative to do things better and smarter—people who want to grow personally and professionally. We recognize and uphold the importance of all people, the way we do things, our quest for innovation, and most importantly, our patients.
- Full Time
- Travel: Yes
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"The last 4.5 years I had a steep learning curve and I am still learning via on-the-job challenges and solid management feedback. Next to my personal growth, I also enjoy our open atmosphere and the great collegiality."Stefanie – Sr Clinical Research Associate
We are one truly global team working together to propel each client´s journey ahead faster.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – never boring!
Competitive salaries and bonus structure based on individual metrics.
ExecuPharm is the North American clinical operations business within Parexel FSP. We provide biopharmaceutical companies with qualified and talented professionals to accelerate the development and delivery of new therapies.
For results-driven and caring individuals who want to make a meaningful difference in the world, Parexel is the CRO trusted by life sciences companies to innovate keeping patients at the center of everything we do, and where an inclusive global community helps you be your best, transforming any career into a life-changing achievement.
Job Title: Senior Clinical Research Associate (SCRA)
The Senior Clinical Research Associate (SCRA) will act as the primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites.
• Reports to ExecuPharm (EP) assigned Line Management with day-to-day direction from Client. Refer to Organizational Chart for details regarding assigned role and associated reporting structure.
• Works in partnership internally with Global Clinical Trial Operations (GCTO) country operations, finance, regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance, legal and regional operations, Headquarter (HQ) functional areas and externally with vendors and IRB/IECs and Regulatory Authorities in support of assigned sites
• Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases
of the trial
• Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with ICH-GCP,
Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan and associated
• Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures
• Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready
• Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities
• Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure:
o Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased
o Subjects’ right, safety and well-being are protected
• Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits and records clear, comprehensive, and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner
• Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out
• Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct, recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections and overall site performance
• Identifies, assesses, and resolves site performance, quality or compliance problems and escalates per defined CRA Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with Clinical Research Manager (CRM) and Clinical Research Associate-Manager (CRAM) and Partner Line Manager (PLM)
• Manages and maintains information and documentation in Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS), Electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines
• Contributes strongly to CRA team knowledge by acting as process Subject Matter Expert (SME), sharing best practices, making recommendations for continuous improvement, and providing training as appropriate/required
• Supports and/or leads audits/inspection activities as needed
QualificationsSkills and Education:
• B.A./B.S. preferred with a strong emphasis in science and /or biology
• Minimum 4 years of direct site management (monitoring) experience in bio/pharma/CRO required
Note: No compromise on minimum monitoring experience however specific monitoring or therapeutic experience/requirements may vary depending on the Country or study needs.
• Fluent in local languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and present technical information effectively
• Excellent understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current GCP/ICH & country clinical research law & guidelines.
• Excellent understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines and ability to work within these guidelines
• Demonstrated ability to mentor/lead
• Hands on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
• Proven skills in Site Management including independent management of site performance and patient
• Demonstrated high level of monitoring skill with independent professional judgement
• Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of various clinical IT applications on computer, tablet and
mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices
• Ability to understand and analyze data/metrics and act appropriately
• Experience with conducting site motivational visit designed to boost site enrollment
• Ability to be a Lead study CRA to support the CRM / Clinical Operations Manager (COM)
• Capable of managing complex issues, working solution-oriented
• Performs root cause analysis and implements preventative and corrective action
• Ability to mentor junior CRAs on process/study requirements and perform co-monitoring visits where appropriate
• Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management, problem solving skills
• Ability to work highly independently across multiple protocols, sites, and therapy areas
• High sense of accountability / urgency
• Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment
• Works effectively in a matrix multicultural environment; ability to establish and maintain culturally sensitive working relationships.
• Demonstrates commitment to customer focus
• Works with high quality and compliance mindset
• Positive mindset, growth mindset, capable of working independently and being self-driven
• Demonstrates and projects professional demeanor and communication consistent with organizational policies and practices
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 65%-75% of working time.
• Expected travelling ~2-3 days/week.
• Current driver’s license required
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs