Legal Opportunities at Parexel
Associate CounselJob ID 61073BR Durham, North Carolina
This is a client-facing position. It is expected that the Associate Counsel will establish productive relationships with our internal and external clients and business partners and foster a client-focused approach with respect to the performance of all Legal & Risk Management responsibilities.
- Assume leadership role in the negotiation, drafting and review of certain commercial contracts – world-wide scope – and assist senior attorneys on critical negotiations as needed.
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships with team members responsible for commercial contracting, including Business Development, Strategic Business Units, Clinical Operations, Business Operations and Finance.
- Ensure that the contracting process results in high-quality contracts that are completed in a quick and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the contracting process generates client goodwill that can be used as the foundation for long-term, collaborative relationships.
- Work closely with other members of the Legal & Risk Management department and provide training and mentorship to certain members of the team.
- Support the Company’s ethics and compliance activities.
- Manage risks through practical, business-oriented counseling and the application of Company policies, processes, guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a positive, “results-oriented” work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork.
- Communicate in an open, balanced and effective manner.
- Ensure contractual documents are processed and appropriately maintained in relevant systems.
QualificationsMinimum Work Experience
- Strong professional experience as an attorney, minimum 5+ years law firm training (large multi-national law firm preferred) , and/or 5+ years in-house experience negotiating commercial contracts for a global corporation (preference for life sciences or technology).
- Ability to analyze complex business and legal issues/risks in order to advance practical solutions.
- Exceptional legal drafting skills with an affinity for using language to achieve compromise.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take a business and client-focused approach to work.
- Process-oriented and proactive approach to contract drafting and negotiation.
- Able to engage team members in order to improve performance and achieve objectives.
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness.
- Independent worker and self-starter.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and varied negotiations with enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Possess financial and business acumen.
- Ability to establish project management plans with internal and external stakeholders and drive negotiations in accordance with aggressive timelines.
- JD and Bar Admission (or foreign equivalent) required
Minimum Work Experience
• Strong professional experience as an attorney, minimum 5+ years law firm training (large multi-national law firm preferred) , and/or 5+ years in-house experience negotiating commercial contracts for a global corporation (preference for life sciences or technology).
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs