IT Opportunities at Parexel
Director, IT Project Portfolio ManagementJob ID 59773BR Durham, North Carolina
- Line Management: directly manage/lead project and program managers, coaching and mentoring them on their projects to increase success.
- Planning: work with IT Product Management to ensure Corporate IT is prepared to deliver on the agreed Technology Roadmaps.
- Partnering: work across IT (product management, engineering/development, architecture, infrastructure, etc.) to ensure alignment on project commitments and overall direction.
- Resource/Demand Management: manage staffing levels (with permanent and contingent) based on demand, and find/match talent to the right initiatives.
- Financial Management: regularly monitor and analyze the financial health of your portfolio (active projects, changes in forecasts, projects in pipeline, contingency funds) and take corrective actions.
- Schedule Management: actively track key project milestones across your portfolio, either confirming realization of commitment or taking corrective action (e.g. mitigation, change request).
- Quality: systematically improve the quality of information being shared (e.g. project estimates, status reports, project forecasts, risks and issues) and ensure that the solution being delivered meets the quality expectations of the key stakeholders.
- PMO Governance: ensure all projects are following the agreed best practices and PMO processes.
- Process Improvement: takes a leadership role in continuous process improvement of Portfolio Management processes, including but not limited to project prioritization methodology, resource allocation, and risk management.
- Work with Program and Project Managers to ensure key project documentation (e.g. Gates, Change Requests) is accurate and complete.
- Identify dependencies across project/program teams and facilitate consensus to ensure minimal risk to portfolio delivery.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Strong presentation and executive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-organized, and an eye for process improvements.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA, Collaboration & Project Management Tools.
- Experience with a PPM/Project Management system (e.g. PlanView) desired
- Working knowledge of project management lifecycles and techniques.
- Able to look at the big picture, speculate and conceptualize outcomes and identify trends.
- Strong quantitative and analytical reasoning skills.
- 3+ years of Portfolio Management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management focused on interacting with a variety of cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in successfully leading and managing.
- Proficient in project management core competencies such as scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, and resource management.
- Understanding of various Project Management methodologies (e.g. Waterfall/Traditional, Agile/Scrum) required.
- Software development lifecycle, application deployment, and information systems planning experience.
- Experience working in a matrix organization managing senior stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- MBA or Master’s in Project Management highly desired
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent highly desired
- Agile certifications (PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO, SAFE) beneficial
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs