Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting with heart? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people with heart.
Financial Analyst I / IIJob ID 69332BR Durham, North Carolina
- Create accurate, transparent, and timely financial analysis to support project leadership in project decision making process; clearly articulate financial implications of business decisions and provide retrospective analysis as well as drive forward looking actions on simpler projects / contract types.
- For less complex projects, facilitate the monthly revenue cycle and support project analysis requirements, including a review of units, forecast, unit prices, and revenue recognition. Complete all required variance analyses for the set of projects, with insight. Identify risks in the project forecast and opportunities to improve revenue outlook. Communicate, document and manage these on an ongoing message. Understand alternative finance scenarios within a project with a degree of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Provide updates on financial status for assigned projects and create information in response to any client financial reporting needs for assigned projects in the area of project reporting, forecasting, or transactional details for the projects within the portfolio.
- For less complex projects, actively monitor the balance sheet positions of projects within the portfolio. Initiate action as needed with project teams to keep balances current, improving DSO and cash flow.
- Put steps in place with project teams to ensure pass-thrus are managed within project budgets, including appropriate to trigger change in scope as needed.
- Maintain, produce and communicate a relevant and impactful set of project financial metrics designed to support evaluation of financial performance consistent with the project and contract types being managed. In partnership with PLs and project teams, prepare and conduct a monthly project review of performance, operational status, and outlook. The review will focus on revenue forecast, labor and margin, billing status, assumptions, special contract items.
- Review labor assumptions on assigned projects, both volume and mix. Build discipline in our project teams in charging time accurately. Understands project resource planning support, monitor resource levels on ongoing projects and identify and communicate project/portfolio margin implications.
- Understands and delivers to expectations, such as: project/proposal deliverables, reporting, etc.
- Demonstrates critical thinking /problem solving skills.
- Learns quickly, applies gained knowledge to further deliverables and duties in role.
- Understands fundamentals of CRO industry and how Finance's role influences in the organization.
- Delivers standard/typical work deliverables with minimal issues.
- Errors in work product should be minimal.
- Demonstrates effective, proactive financial support.
- Has ability to deliver accurate reports/information to various parties.
- Understands drivers of success in role; able to hit deadlines with goal of first-time quality.
- Continues building financial analysis skills.
- Organizes their workflow, understands how to manage their time to hit their deliverables.
- More vocal in meetings and interactions within Finance and the broader organization.
- Intermediate variance analysis & commentary skills, continued improvement expected.
- Developing influencing skills, including using data to help persuade.
- Prioritizes, sets expectations and works in an efficient and disciplined manner.
- Thrives in a complex, fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint applications; experience with financial performance systems (e.g., Hyperion)
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- BA in Finance or Accounting, or relevant professional qualification preferred e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs