Marketing Opportunities at Parexel
By being hired into one of our Marketing jobs at Parexel International Careers, you’ll be a key member of the Parexel International Careers team. Professionals in Marketing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Marketing at Parexel International Careers may be waiting for you!
Senior Director, Corporate Communications - External/PRJob ID 63050BR Durham, North Carolina
- Assist the VP, Corporate Communications in developing and executing global public relations, media relations, and social communications strategies that extend market leadership, support business/ growth and respond/ neutralize competitive challenges.
- Collaborate with domestic and international teams to ensure regional public relations efforts are aligned to corporate goals and messages.
- Manages efforts to build credibility and awareness of the Company, its core offerings and key experts through contributions to a comprehensive and focused social media strategy reinforcing an agreed set of key messages.
- Drives the development and delivery of integrated and focused messages to local, regional, national and international trade media. Vehicles for message delivery include mainstream/trade media interview opportunities, strategic news releases and proactive media pitches, standby and position statements, media section of corporate website, etc.
- Serves as a company spokesperson; establishes and maintains contact with key media targets; anticipates and responds to media inquiries.
- Manages the development and delivery of the company’s social media strategy and communications, including management of current social media platform and analytic tools, and expansion of the platform to position the company with new audiences.
- Leads/recommends thought leadership efforts/programs in support of key initiatives aligned with our priority areas of focus (e.g., leveraging our strengths [innovation], focus on the patient).
- Leads development of a company speakers’ bureau/speaking plan to position our subject matter experts as potential presenters for high-profile, strategic industry conferences and symposia.
- Assists with implementation of local public relations activities and goodwill programs to raise company visibility (e.g., community/charitable contributions efforts).
- Manages the pursuit and completion of industry/other awards to lend validity to the company’s “patient-first” core value and “We Care” guiding principle as a leading, global CRO.
- Manages development of metrics/analyses that provide leading indicators of program value, demonstrating efforts to build the company’s “mindshare” versus the competition and the value of these communications back to corporate/business objectives.
- Requires travel up to 30% based on project needs; including domestic and international travel
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications/Strategic Communications or English or equivalent experience required
- 15-20 years of Corporate Communications (External Comms) experience, ideally with background that includes Internal Communications and/or integrated communications
- Experience in CRO/life sciences industry preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in management roles
- Seasoned expert in communications and public relations, minimum 15 years’ experience
- Strategic thinker with experience developing and executing long-term plans
- Effective communicator who can develop a corporate message framework and ensure consistent and comprehensive execution around the world
- A hands-on leader who is an advisor, consultant, strategist and implementer
- Ability to quickly learn complex and dynamic issues and apply creative solutions
- Developing high-impact media relations campaigns
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet the challenge of multitasking and delivering to tight deadlines
- Proven to take initiative and work under pressure
- Able to work with senior business leaders and manage multiple employees (direct reports).
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, progressive and dynamic environment
- Experienced in social media/external communications/PR technologies
- Ability to adapt to cultural differences and work in a global environment
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs