Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Senior Internal AuditorJob ID 65248BR Durham, North Carolina
Accountability Supporting Activities
Internal Controls and Audit Testing
• Risk assessment and audit scoping/planning across key internal control areas
• Revenue testing, both controls and substantive
• Documentation and update of understanding of internal controls on at least an annual basis
• Documentation of work performed in a clear, concise format
• Explanation of audit findings to senior members of the team and management (e.g., Control Owners and Process Owners)
• Issue remediation support
• Status and issue reporting
• Support role in helping more senior members of the Internal Audit team establish credibility with Finance and other functions as a trusted advisor and build problem solving partnerships
• Participate in internal audits with other members of the global Internal Audit team (i.e., role is not limited to internal controls or “SOX testing”)
Process Understanding and Monitoring
• Monitor processes for changes impacting risks and controls and supports the business with control design and enhancement.
QualificationsQualified candidates will possess:
Knowledge and Experience:
· 5+ years combined experience in public accounting, corporate finance/accounting and/or internal audit.
· Experience with public companies and internal controls documentation and testing.
· Experience with managing projects and other team members.
Education and Certification:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance required.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
· Leadership – Establishes credibility and displays self confidence that earns organizational trust. Effectively communicates with all levels in the organization, both written and verbally.
· Project Management – Demonstrates the ability to execute multiple priority assignments concurrently and efficiently within established deadlines. Changes priorities as needed to meet business demands.
· Judgment – Displays willingness to propose solutions and seek guidance when necessary in making key judgments or decisions.
· Teamwork – Works in partnership with team members to deliver expected results; seeks clarity on assignments as needed.
· Problem-solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully; strives for self-resolution of problems before asking more senior team members for help but doesn’t “spin his/her wheels” leading to inefficiency.
· Quality Management – Identifies opportunities to promote and improve quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Staff Management – Assesses staff skill levels, assigns work appropriately, and facilitates team development and optimization.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs