As part of Parexel Consulting, you will create and maximize value for clients throughout the product lifecycle. You will be a strategic guide in getting products to market faster, smarter – and keeping them there –your scientific, technical, regulatory, and/or commercial expertise will put best practice standards to work for biopharmaceutical and medical device companies large and small.
In return, you will be provided with interesting opportunities for growth and development and exposed to a variety of challenging assignments, product types, geographic regions, and therapeutic areas. Plus, as member of Parexel Consulting, you will enjoy all the advantages of working remotely, combined with access to the mentorship from a team of highly experienced regulatory professionals at the height of their careers. Join our team, and you will design solutions for the complexities of an ever-changing global marketplace.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"They say if you are passionate about what you do, you will never work a day in your life. I can honestly say that this applies to me. I love what I do."Jasen - Consultant
"My experience so far with Parexel has been great! I had initially started at Parexel as an Independent Consultant but was then presented with a full time job opportunity to really become a part of this fascinating company. I have enjoyed the flexibility to be able to orchestrate a good work/life balance, as well as learn from so many experts in consulting arena and really have a hands-on role with every day bringing a new but exciting challenge."Aqip – Consultant
"I was offered an incredible opportunity to continue my career in regulatory affairs without relocating 1,000 miles away and making major life changes. Parexel is an innovative, growing company which offers much needed flexibility and opportunities for professional growth."Blaine – Consultant
"Parexel is a very large organization and holds a top position amongst the different companies engaged in the Consulting business. It can offer many opportunities for development and career progression. Also the diversity of projects can offer a great expansion of knowledge in many areas of the Regulatory Affairs arena. Last (but not least), Parexel offers a variety of rewards to the employees (bonus scheme, benefits etc)."Giannis – Consultant
"Parexel is a CRO that I had always inspired to join because of the variety of knowledge, experts, culture, flexibility and exposure to be client facing as well as to use my technical knowledge all under a professional and diligent environment. I believe it has provided me the right platform to grow both professionally and individually with the opportunities to present my views and to dialogue with colleagues and clients with all but positive outcomes."Aqip – Consultant
We are one truly global team working together to propel each client´s journey ahead faster.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – never boring!
Strong management with depth of experience working for global health authorities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Master's or Doctoral Degree in Statistics, Biostatics, Mathematics, Data Science or other quantitative fields.
An ideal candidate must have at least six or more years of experience with machine learning and with using statistical analytical software/tools like R, Stata, WINBUGS, Python and SAS. Knowledge of Bayesian statistics and Markov networks will be a plus.
Other considerations include:
- Understanding of machine learning methods and their value specifically in conducting research in health economics, as well as patient- and system-level outcomes research.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry problems for which machine learning methods are appropriate, recognizing both their strengths and limitations.
- Familiarity with some of the machine learning use cases in HEOR including the prediction of risk of various health care events; the causal estimation of treatment effects; developing models for economic evaluation; and model/data transparency.
- Experience in developing both internal and external consultative relationships with senior management and executives.
- Willingness to work under pressure to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Excellent scientific, business writing, and communication presentation skills with close attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills, especially in the relaying of technical information and project concepts.
Data Analytics/Machine Learning Consultant is responsible for ensuring that all assigned projects are being conducted in an efficient manner and that quality and client satisfaction is maximized at all times -- ensuring the direction of the project and the quality of the deliverables meet the project objectives and the client needs. Further, Consultants are expected to support and train the Senior associates and Associates in their daily duties and to flag any areas of acute training needs to their line managers. Supported by the senior staff and Business Development partners, the Consultant is responsible for maintaining client relationships on their projects as well. In addition, the individual will be expected to contribute to the continuing growth and improvement of the business unit through taking ownership of company and business unit processes and initiatives as well as contribution to the Senior Management Team's focus and direction.
Candidates will be part of multi-disciplinary research teams and will be expected to provide machine learning expertise and methodological leadership at all stages of projects from planning to completion. Duties will vary according to the nature of the projects. These may include independently contributing to the preparation of statistical analysis plans, writing programs to execute analyses, and assisting with the interpretation and dissemination of findings. Candidate is expected to also lead and support ongoing innovation objectives of the unit in the field of health outcomes analysis which warrants having thought leadership skills.
Objectives of the role will include:
- To direct project teams in the design, development and delivery of client solutions across multiple projects.
- To provide high level input to the development of client deliverables including the provision of support to the delivery team in the development of strategic recommendations tailored to individual projects.
- To provide advice and support to existing clients both within and outside of projects.
- To help manage existing business accounts and identify new business opportunities for Parexel with existing and new clients.
- To proactively mentor and develop members of the team to help achieve best in class status.
- To ensure the optimal levels of client management are maintained at all levels and that the training and support to achieve best practice consultancy standards are achieved.
- Strong basis in fundamental machine learning concepts/methods and predictive analytics and familiarity with applications in health economics and outcomes research.
- Familiarity with Bayesian statistics is a plus.
- Strong statistical programming skills with standard software, including SAS, R, STATA, Python, Hadoop, OpenBUGS/WinBUGS.
- Strong communication (spoken and written) and problem-solving skills, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in non-technical terms, with project team members.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently, and be able to take a leadership role with regard to methodological elements in projects.
- MSc or PhD in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, Statistics, or related quantitative field with 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Competent in written and spoken English
- SAS (Base, Stat, Graph, Macro), R, Python, SPSS, STATA, and WinBUGS
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs