Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Associate Technical Support AnalystJob ID 51308BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
The Associate Support Analyst primary role is to resolve issues raised by individuals (client) or other applications. These issues will need to be resolved in a timely and consistent manner in accordance to pre defined SLA’s so as to provide effective support. Many issues will be of unknown origin and therefore will require the individual to investigate the reason for the issue and understand the root cause. The level of complexity will differ on a per application/incident basis, thereby potentially requiring intervention by a more senior individual. The Associate Support Analyst will be expected to escalate incidents where appropriate to bring in support to resolve the issue with the SLA. The Associate Support Analyst should be able to prioritise multiple issues based on customer importance, SLA and customer impact.
- Providing excellent Customer Service via the telephone and email system.
- Logging Incidents/Requests that are issued to the Service Desk over the phone or via email
- Provide user support, coaching/mentoring end-users in the working of the PAREXEL client facing systems
- Maintaining the rapport with Customers by displaying a detailed understanding of their support requirements
- Maintain high levels of incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory Customer resolution
- Proactively manage updates to all parties with Incident/Requests statuses through to resolution
- Develop and maintain communication skills appropriate to the environment
- Understand and proactively operate the escalations procedure
- Consistently meet Service Desk (KPI) Key Performance Indicators as set by the Service Manager
- Completing administrative tasks, including checking voicemails, emails, timesheets etc.
- Provide shift cover with current Service Desk operations (TBC).
- Follow Service Desk / Operations internal processes regarding logging incidents and following the defined incident management process.
- Escalate support calls to the appropriate team when required.
QualificationsKnowledge and Key Skills:
- A Customer Services background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- High degree of multi-tasking
- Assertive, confident, positive and professional manner.
- Ability to deal with potentially stressful situations
- Flexible and adaptable as the business demands
- Ability to work in a team and as part of a team members
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail in logging support calls, updating call details and managing call closure
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong eye for detail
An Associate Technical Support Analyst will be required to develop their technical knowledge for each application they support. This documentation will include, but is not limited to, Application Technical Manuals, Application Development Design Documentation, and internally developed ticket management information. Online training and documentation will be available for the Service Desk agents training and it is their responsibility to ensure training compliance is maintained.
Individual must be able to work with minimal daily task management.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs