Finance Opportunities at Parexel
By being hired into one of our Finance jobs at Parexel International Careers, you’ll be a key member of the Parexel International Careers team. Professionals in Finance careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Finance at Parexel International Careers may be waiting for you!
Finance Business PartnerJob ID 60654BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
A little more about us...
- Parexel is a world-class Clinical Research Organization (CRO) directing over 1,800 studies worldwide at any given time. The company is instrumental in helping to develop 95% of the 200 top-selling biopharmaceuticals currently on the market.
- At Parexel Informatics (PI), we help simplify each customer’s journey by providing the technology solutions that enable the drug development process, along with the expertise to choose the right endpoints and apply this technology in a meaningful way.
A Finance Business Partner is expected to establish him/herself as a “co-pilot”, along with the Project Leader (PL), in steering a set of projects to their targeted financial goals (e.g. revenue, profitability, cash flow, etc.). The FBP does this by applying a deep understanding of the project economics and profitability drivers, translating them into operational actions, and proactively advising the PL on how to influence critical operational levers in order to positively impact project financials. The Finance Business Partner in the Project Finance organization influences Parexel business growth and profitability through financial leadership of defined projects, becomes known as the "go-to" person for broader Finance understanding or insight into defined projects and relevant project portfolios. He/she interacts directly with project and portfolio leaders, assist with project and client strategy, supports project decision making.
- Provide accurate, transparent, and timely financial analysis to support project leadership in project decision making process; clearly articulate financial implications of business decisions / choices, and provide retrospective analysis as well as drive forward looking actions on simple to complex project / contract types.
- For simple and complex projects and/or contract types facilitate the monthly revenue cycle and drive the project analysis requirements, including a review of units, forecast, unit prices, and revenue recognition.
- Provide updates on financial status for assigned projects and create information in response to any client financial reporting needs for assigned projects in the area of project reporting, forecasting, or transactional details for the projects within the portfolio.
- Leverage understanding of the business context to synthesize financial and operational data into meaningful business insights that highlight performance, risk, and opportunities at project level. For simpler and complex projects, actively monitor the balance sheet positions of projects within the portfolio. Initiate action as needed with project teams to keep balances current, improving DSO and cash flow.
- Put steps in place with project teams to ensure pass-thrus are managed within project budgets, including appropriate to trigger change in scope as needed.
- Maintain, produce and communicate a relevant and impactful set of project and operational metrics designed to support evaluation of financial performance consistent with the project and contract types being managed. In partnership with PLs and project teams, prepare and conduct a monthly project review of performance, operational status, and outlook. The review will focus on revenue forecast, labor and margin, billing status, assumptions, special contract items. The review should capture potential improvement opportunities and actions will be taken.
- Review and challenge labour assumptions on assigned projects, both volume and mix.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Prioritizes, sets expectations and works in an efficient manner
- Thrives in a complex, fast-paced, matrix environment
- Strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint applications; experience with financial performance systems (e.g., Hyperion)
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal
- BA in Finance or Accounting, or relevant experience preferred
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs