Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Principal Application Support EngineerJob ID 61879BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links, onsite catering and has a great working environment with the feel of an innovative technology company.
We are looking for experienced Software Support Engineers for an exciting and rewarding position within our research and development department. You will be seeking to join a small Engineering Support team, working with agile software development teams, and be willing to challenge the status quo, share your ideas, learn from others and push your team for better ways of working.
This is a new team that is being created to support our wide range of applications solving technical problems and defects. You will have space to take your ideas, develop and realise them in a cross-functional department, working with wider areas of the business on a range of software platforms and projects, solving interesting and complex problems.
Parexel is leading the way in the adoption of cloud technologies for clinical trials and is a Tier Zero Microsoft partner. As such exposure to cloud computing and Microsoft Azure is desirable, although not essential.
- Lead a new Engineering Support team, as well as work alongside a cross-functional Agile development team consisting of software engineers, testers, architects and product owners to ensure excellent maintenance of our many applications.
- Foster a team culture and approach to work that embraces Agile principles to be a positive example to others of the behaviors they should develop.
- Be responsible for the delivery of maintenance releases of software to address support issues and defects in a timely manner and to agreed quality criteria.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement as an individual and actively support the continuous improvement of your team in partnership with engineering management
- Liaise with and develop effective working relationships with other teams and key individuals in a cross-functional dev-ops environment and the stakeholder community
- Help to troubleshoot functional and performance issues in both development and production systems
- Ensure project deliverables (software and documentation) achieve the industry regulatory and company standards.
Practical experience in:
- Supporting software in a modern programming technology such as Microsoft Stack, definitely .NET C#
- Excellent diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills demonstrated by a track record of being application analyst
- Supporting cloud-native applications preferably using Microsoft Azure
- Supporting web applications, Rest APIs and services
- Desirable, but not essential, to have some exposure to using Delphi (for support of legacy applications)
- In-depth knowledge of SQL in either Oracle or an MS SQL server environment
- ITIL qualifications will be of benefit
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Superb inter-personal, communication and influencing skills and a willingness to interact with other teams, senior colleagues and management at all levels of the organization
- Experience of working in, leading and developing a positive culture within a team
- Passionate about maintaining software to a high standard in accordance with modern design principles and standards.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs