Information Technology Opportunities at PAREXEL
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At PAREXEL, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, PAREXEL invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Senior Software Quality EngineerJob ID 49634BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
The role will be accountable to validate and maintain the software quality within PAREXEL Informatics. This role will provide key inputs for validation during software development lifecycle (SDLC). Another key aspect of the role is the contribution to the continuous improvement of the function within the Scaled Agile Framework, and as such the role must be oriented towards team work in an emerging and flexible environment.
Business Process Testing
- Specifies and develops test scenarios to test that new/updated processes deliver improved ways of working for the end user at the same time as delivering efficiencies and planned business benefits.
- Records and analyses test results, and reports any unexpected or unsatisfactory outcomes.
- Uses test plans and outcomes to specify user instructions.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents simple programs, or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system.
- Investigates and documents the internal control of specified aspects of automated or partly automated processes, and assesses compliance with the relevant standard.
- Reviews requirements and specifications, and defines test conditions.
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Analyses and reports test activities and results.
- Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Manages provision of consultancy services. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the customer or other stakeholders through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific specialism in the field, and provides expert advice regarding their application.
- Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.
- Desired knowledge of framework and good practices like OWASP (Open WEB Application Security Project), ISO 24772
- Desired knowledge of methods like threat modelling applied to software development
- Desired knowledge of security risks for software development
- Some automation skills, process improvement skills and performance testing knowledge
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum)
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs