Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Software Validation EngineerJob ID 49916BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Following training, carry out work in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures and standards which may include but not limited to:
- Execute detailed test specifications. Record and tracks detailed results.
- Work closely with project team leaders throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- Review all pertinent project documentation.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding the project under test.
- Reports on Project testing status to Project team leaders.
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of personally assigned workload to agreed timelines, standards and defined requirements. Bringing to the attention of management any circumstances requiring urgent or specific attention at the earliest opportunity.
- Participate in formal performance review processes
- Develop and/or executes detailed operations testing. Records and tracks detailed results.
- Design/Create Call Flows, produce Unit testing, collate and review completed unit testing.
- Create and maintain test scenarios and test data for projects under test.
- Create the Operations Testing Report.
- Work closely with project team members throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- Participate in all pertinent project documentation reviews, project walk-through and provide signatures where applicable.
- Participate in software defect review meetings. Monitor and maintains software defect tracking database. Prepares defect metrics reports. Analyzes defect metrics for trends and progress.
- Reports on project testing to management.
- Operate with moderate direction, interfacing Production, Client Services Project Management, Quality Management and other project team members.
- Understanding of software testing techniques and test case development.
- Familiarity with database design and/or testing.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Some knowledge of clinical data management process for FDA regulated companies is a plus. Familiarity with FDA regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11 and GxP desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of test case design and strategy.
- Ability to critically review requirements and functional specifications.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing techniques and test case development; can easily determine what test case is required for various testing scenarios.
- Some knowledge of software development languages and tools such as C++, Java, and SQL.
- Some knowledge of relational databases, preferably Oracle.
- Familiarity with database design and/or testing.
- Comfortable in supporting multiple concurrent tasks.
- Knowledge of clinical data management process for FDA regulated companies is a plus. Familiarity with FDA regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11 and GxP desirable.
- Degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- A sound working knowledge of written and spoken English is required to ensure full communication within project teams and complete understanding of project specifications, test plans and other project documentation.
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in structured software development life cycle and validation, (preferably including software testing in a regulated industry).
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading-edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs