Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Systems EngineerJob ID 57099BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As Systems Engineer with PI you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, maintaining, updating and optimising the PI suite of Hosted Products.
You will work within our Client Infrastructure Run Services Group to support the PI Catalogue of Hosted Services and supporting technologies, also participating on various ongoing internal projects as required.
- Maintenance and Support of one or more systems / platforms.
- Services / Servers (Internal and Cloud).
- Ensure uninterrupted access to quality, efficient, high-performance computer services at one or more specific PI locations.
- Provide thorough technical systems Support to both internal and external customers
- Identify operational problems, documenting methods of troubleshooting and correction for future use in the form of work instructions.
- Reporting statistics delivered to management as required.
- Troubleshoot, Resolve, Implement or Escalate Incidents, Service Requests or Alerts as required.
- Follow IT Service Management Processes as dictated by SOPs.
- Project work and delivery of new systems / platforms
- Participate within project teams as required.
- Act as primary project resource within areas of SME knowledge
- Maintain standardization of computing environments
- Ensure service delivery targets and operational requirements are met
- Complies with Incident, Change and Problem Management SOPs
- Complies with Service Transition Policies for new and amended services into Live RUN Services.
- Build and release of new systems to follow Validation SOPs
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment
- Building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
- Maintain professional communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in either hardware, software, networks or telecommunications systems support & operations, in a service-oriented Data Centre environment.
- Experience of Hosted Platforms, Cloud Computing & Client Management is advantageous.
Experience is required in several of the following technical areas; expert knowledge in one is beneficial:
- Network Operating Systems (Unix, Linux and Windows)
- Active Directory and LDAP
- Virtualization (VMware and/or Hyper-V)
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS) - IaaS and PaaS
- SQL Server and/or Oracle (Infrastructure and/or DBA Activities)
- Enterprise Storage (NetApp, EMC)
- Backup and Restore technologies
- Monitoring Services (SolarWinds, Azure Monitoring, App Dynamics, App Insights),
- Web Services & Applications (IIS & Tomcat).
- Citrix / Citrix VDI
- Load Balancing (F5, Cisco)
- Cisco Technologies (Switching, Routing, Firewall, Perimeter Security)
- Familiar with networking topologies, networking hardware and exposure to network standards and network protocols.
- High Availability Technologies (Clustering, Replication etc.)
- Disaster Recovery
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working within ITIL Framework of Service Management (beneficial)
- Excellent problem solving and communications skills.
- Flexible approach and willingness to partake in the On-Call Rota, approx. one week in 5 (following initial on-boarding period)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to all levels.
- Client focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Degree or equivalent experience in related discipline
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs