Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Project DirectorJob ID 67967BR Poland - Any Region - Home Based
We are looking to recruit an experienced Project Director to provide oversight to our Enterprise client projects on a global level. The positions can be based in the following locations - UK, Ireland, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Serbia, Russia, Lithuania and all can be either office or remotely home based.
As the Project Director you will lead the Parexel and Client teams by combining substantial advanced clinical research experience with insight into client pressures in order to develop the right solution for the client. This requires extensive in-depth project management skills and business understanding, knowledge, and experience in order to independently make effective decisions and take action. You will also provide the overall leadership of large, complex clinical trials or clinical trial programs and leads the project teams to achieve operational excellence, delivering projects/programs on time, to budget, to the highest quality, compliant with ICH GCP, and that meet client expectations.
You will work independently, monitor and evaluate industry and competitor initiatives, changes in policy, and technology trends that impact the industry to ensure the highest standard of delivery to the client.
Independently responsible for all Project Leader tasks and deliverables according to SOPs on assigned projects/programs including:
- Develop and maintain a formal project/ program plan with all key milestones, budgets, and resources assigned to specific tasks and outcomes.
Perform initial and ongoing risk management
- Identify potential project/program risks and implement contingency plans, mitigate actual risks with team members and keep client informed about risks and contingencies.
Manage and ensure first time quality on the project/program deliverables
- Establish quality standards for the project/program that drive individual and team commitment to quality.
Develop and manage the client relationship
- Owns the client relationship at a study/program level and responsible for client communication ensuring high client satisfaction.
Understand and own the project P&L
- Manage the project according to budget with revenue recognition and forecasting, including resource management, pass-through management (review, regular reconciliation and forecasting) and managing Change in Scope.
Manage the cross functional project team
- Enable all stakeholders to achieve successful study completion while maintaining high client satisfaction.
Represent Project Leadership function
- Represent Project Leadership Function in external client meetings and presentations such as Bid Pursuit Meetings, Investigator Meetings or others as required.
Solve Problems and Improve Work Processes
- Recognize improvement and/or business opportunities, question the status quo, work collaboratively to assess, propose, and implement improvements where possible.
- Know who to contact for any issues, understand political decisions; establish good relationship with peers and other leaders at company
Other assigned responsibilities
- May include non-billable work such as SOP review and lead or contribute to other organizational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field. Advanced degree highly desirable.
- PMP or equivalent desirable
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach
- Strategic Thinking skills
- Conflict Management skills
- Financial management and capitalize on the diverse background and viewpoints to increase the productivity of the group.
- Excellent knowledge of all operational and regulatory aspects of clinical research
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Leverages communication across boundaries and uses multiple communication mechanisms to convey information across functional lines and upward within Parexel
- Highly Accountable
- Client focus and demonstrates an ability to create and maintain trust with the client through project and personal interactions; act as a trusted advisor and become involved in the client’s decision-making process.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning; leading by example.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Expert understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle
- Understands and uses positional authority to deliver messages effectively.
- Ability to work independently and knows when to call on senior management for involvement in communicating to client executives after assessing the organizational implications of the interaction and consultation with Senior Management. Sophisticated analytical thought to define and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations
- Ability to adopt and work according to 'high performance culture (HPC) principles' and to ensure apparent implementation of these values in project/program team(s)
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE Parexel approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software
- Ability to become proficient with Parexel systems
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven substantial expert project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or contract research organization preferred
- Proven track record of developing client relationships at program level
- Proven substantial leadership experience already operating at Associate Project Director or Project Director level within another CRO is preferred
- Different trial phase experience (including phases I-IV) will be an advantage.
- Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency as required
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus with a benefits package including holiday, pension, bonus and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs