Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Editorial SpecialistJob ID 71279BR United Kingdom, Remote
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
Parexel is in the business of improving the world’s health. We do this by providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that help clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do. We believe in our values; Patients First, Quality, Respect, Empowerment & Accountability.
This role can be based at our dedicated Medcom office in Littlehampton or be fully home based in the UK. We also have flexible working options with regards hours.
As the Editorial Specialist you will oversee the delivery of all projects (including copyediting, proofreading, quality control, and production coordination) for assigned account teams, ensuring that work is performed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standard. You will also contribute to achievement of project profitability by effective project management and monitoring/reporting any changes to project scope. You will also champion editorial standards and processes for best practices across departments and clients.
- Develop in-depth understanding of client and internal team structures and individual responsibilities
- Proactively share knowledge and experience gained to optimize project delivery and business success
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Business Operating Procedures, and meet all specified metrics, bring any difficulties to the attention of the Manager
- Provide informed support when necessary, to any of the other key service lines within CCMEE (Meetings & Events, Patient Communications, Creative Services Studio, Design, Digital, and Print), Scientific Services and support to Account teams
- In-depth understanding of the editorial department’s service offerings and processes.
- Develop and maintain good understanding of creative, print, and digital capabilities within MedCom
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the MedCom’s core capabilities, services, and products in order to propose client solutions
- Understanding of business context within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, or other regulated healthcare industries.
Project Execution and Success
- Ensure the execution of timely, high-quality work delivered within project scope and according to objectives and specified metrics under the direction of the project supervisor or line manager
-Monitor project progress, scope changes, and own hours sufficient to flag changes in scope to project lead, and proceed accordingly
- Communicate in a sensitive, diplomatic, and informed manner with internal personnel and clients, KOLs/faculty, and suppliers, projecting an efficient, capable, and professional image at all times
Quality Control and Best Working Practices
- With scientific lead, ensure that all quality control procedures are followed, and all approvals and signoffs have been obtained (client, KOLs/faculty, authors, internal)
- Ensure that all items are produced efficiently to the correct specification and highest quality
- Contribute to development of editorial standards and processes for best practices across clients, including training and mentorship of non-editorial teammates in best practices
New business and budgeting
- Provide creative input into the generation of proposals and subsequent development of editorial items, in cooperation with the project team
- Contribute to the budgeting and scoping process on assigned and across teams as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or educational equivalent) preferred
- Advanced computer and Internet skills, including knowledge of MS applications such as Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat, EndNote
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Client-focused approach to work
- A flexible approach with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple parallel and varied tasks with positivity and prioritize workload with attention
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have demonstrated willingness to share knowledge and experience with others within, and outside of,
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to continuously improve way of working; unprompted problem anticipation and resolution
- Have demonstrated the ability to brief others appropriately and accurately in a timely fashion
- Ability to assess skills and potential to mentor
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong previous experience working as an Editorial Specialist in a Medcom agency is preferred.
- Relevant experience in a copyediting/proofreading role preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
and ideally gained working with a communication agency; highly refined copyediting, and proofreading
- Relevant experience in the design, layout, and production of both printed materials and electronic
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and encouragement to develop within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. You will be well supported and your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive base salary as well as a benefits package including holiday, a pension scheme, medical cover as well as other leading-edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs