Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Principal Network EngineerJob ID R0000003896 Southeast, North Carolina, United States of America
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
Parexel is looking for a delivery-focused network solution architect that can understand, articulate and drive value from our network technology platforms. As a member of our global network team the candidate will ensure that network and systems components align to and meet the expectations, standards, and objectives of our customers and the company.
- Responsible for the strategic architecture, design, automation, engineering, product lifecycle and development of network systems and services
- Acts as Lead in Global and Regional infrastructure projects
- Develops short and long-term strategic technology roadmaps, backed by pragmatic designs that support key business objectives
- Provide technical leadership, thought leadership, and project management for solution integration
- Possesses and applies advanced knowledge of network-related processes and procedures to the completion of complex assignments
- Contribute to the definition and development of worldwide operating procedures, strategies and standards for network and IT systems
- Applies advanced knowledge of network-related processes and procedures
- Designs models for network monitoring and metrics to ensure optimal network performance and ongoing improvement
- Designs secure network solutions that maximize the sharing of applications, information, and resources across the enterprise
- Provides ongoing information to management and peers regarding the general health of the environment, as well as enhancements and innovations
- Keeps updated on industry trends and emerging technologies as applicable to Parexel.
- Keeps IT management abreast of any changes in the technologies which may impact business decisions
- Work with the Director of Unified Communications and the Senior Network Manager to define strategic blueprints for network technology platforms
- Work with IT Management and other business leaders to design and implement network solutions that support Parexel’s global business strategies
- Define, review, and maintain detailed hardware/software technical standards, especially related to installation, configuration, management, and maintenance of network platforms and systems
- Ensure that technical standards and documentation are maintained in order to meet audit and compliance requirements
- Work closely with other IT Management and technical staff to evaluate and test network products
- Work with network service providers to define and procure network service solutions
- Propose and create network design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to other team members and teams
- Mentor junior staff members to promote standardization and project initiatives / Provide orientation and training
- Highly organized and have clear, concise communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, independent and resourceful
- Ability to function in a Global organization with a flexible and dynamic team environment
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Client-focused approach to work
- Must be fluent in English
Knowledge and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in engineering roles for LAN, WAN and network security systems
- Specific experience in design and implementation of enterprise network protocols and technologies, including BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, QoS, WAN Optimization, automation and scripting, wireless network solutions, and VPN, among others
- Detailed understanding of advanced network security topics, such as firewalls, data encryption techniques and standards, vulnerability identification and risk mitigation, VPN, remote access and authentication solutions, etc.
- Extensive experience and strong technical skills including the design, configuration, and tuning of firewalls, including Cisco ASA and FTD
- Experience in design and engineering of highly available, secure and scalable Data Center network platforms
- Experience with Cisco Nexus family of switches (9k/7k/5k/2k) and ACI (overlay technologies such as NXS a plus)
- Functional knowledge of voice and video technologies, and network design concepts that facilitate reliable, high-quality delivery of these services
- Knowledge of load balancing strategies and platforms, specifically F5 BigIP
- Disaster recovery strategies for enterprise systems
- Secure, scalable design of cloud solutions (Microsoft Azure a plus) as it relates to network concepts
- SD-WAN implementation and migration experience a plus
- Experience with advanced network monitoring and diagnostic tools
- College degree in a relevant technical area or equivalent work experience
- Relevant industry certifications a plus
Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs