As a Biostatistician at Parexel you’ll work on a variety of projects, while collaborating with our global team of experts. You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, become involved in business development activities, and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You’ll also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"Parexel is very team oriented, so you work with a lot of people and also get to work in different therapeutic areas. There are many opportunities to find what you enjoy and the management is very supportive."James - Associate Director, Biostatistics
"Parexel is a great place to grow your career, have fun, and make a difference. Our quality-focused team culture and supportive management ensure growth, learning opportunities and achievement for every employee."Eve - Associate Manager, Biostatistics
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and a flexible working enviroment.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Utilize Parexel’s industry leading clinical systems and solutions
Strong mentors with depths of experience working for global health authorities.
Location; Home or Office Based, UK
Salary; £50,000 - £65,000
Posted on; 22nd July 2020
Closing Date; 20th August 2020
Parexel Req Number; 61223BR
As a Biostatistician, you will lead research design and analytical strategies, input into protocols, develop and review statistical analysis plans and author/co-author reports, abstracts and manuscripts and provide statistical advice. You will input into the quality control of statistical deliverables. As the Functional Lead within a study team, you will lead the biostatistical and statistical programming activities on a study and be accountable for the deliverables from these functions. Key responsibilities also include; project management of deliverables, resource and function specific budget. You will have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert for specific tasks within a key client partnership and to become involved in business development activities.
Our Biostatistics team are not only focused on delivering quality results for our Client’s needs, but also value working with one another. Although some team members are home-based, whilst others are in various offices, the group are a close-knit team with a great collegial atmosphere.
- Perform or supervise complex statistical analyses and create or provide input to statistical reports.
- Cooperate with other biostatistical and company departments to optimize global efficiency.
- Act as a pro-active advisor for all types of analysis during the proposal process as well as during the project life cycle; define strategies and evaluate the statistical resources needed to meet the defined goals.
- Coordinate Biostatistics related project activities for successful completion within given timelines and budget.
- Interact with clients with regard to data analysis, scope of work, and budget.
- Review derived datasets and all types of statistical analysis deliverables.
- Develop complex analysis strategies and execute them using efficient programming techniques (software: SAS, R).
- Produce and provide expert input to analysis plans, statistical reports, statistical sections of integrated clinical reports and other process supporting documents.
- Quality control of all kinds of statistical deliverables.
- Training/mentoring of junior members of the department.
- Representing Parexel at client meetings
- Masters or PhD in a statistical discipline.
- A thorough understanding of the statistical aspects of both clinical trials and observational studies.
- Experience in statistical analysis in a clinically related subject, either within clinical trials or in Epidemiology. This can be either within academia or professionally – and/or in Outcomes Research.
- You ideally have advanced SAS programming skills, but this is not necessarily essential.
- Confidence, be self-reliant and a quick learner who enjoys working in a matrix team.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required, although this is not frequent.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs