Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Windows AdministratorJob ID post-50024534 Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is home based with occasional travel to the Nottingham office when required.
Travel: 20% - 30% travel to Germany required
Language skills: Ideally speak German conversationally
- Be part of an International team that delivers best in class Technology Run Services level 2 support for the benefit of our clients, employees, and investors through the application of computer and communications technologies along with the innovations in our information management, data collection, Monitoring and analysis, within a mixed integrated hosted services platform.
- Be responsible for providing technical support for business applications and the administration for on-going IT operations, maintain computerized lab systems and process compliance, business solutions and support functions for one or more geographic region.
- Work in a Supervised team Environment with other IT support personnel, become familiar with principle software products and the application platforms to be able to work independently to participate in a scheduled 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Support team objectives to maintain reliability for quality systems environment for one or more Parexel Informatics locations. Use of monitoring tools to gauge capacity management, application performance management, systems uptime and review of event logging for troubleshooting for suite of application, products and services within the Platform.
- Work closely with other TRS IT Level 2 staff and support management teams to maintain compliance for defined system standards using the ITIL framework as a foundation for established processes and procedures to maintain technology support service delivery aligned with service level agreement.
- Provide technical expertise to support a mixed systems environment, along with applications and infrastructure components hosted in production and development environments.
- Support the team initiatives for new product introduction process (NPI) used to on-board technical support for newly released applications and products from engineering or cots products from 3rd party vendors.
- Contribute on collection of technical cognizance process used to update team knowledgebase and technical work instruction documentation library.
- Ensure compliance for TQM sponsored system validation planning for hardware and software system qualification standards and technical standards used for risk management and for the installation, configuration and test plan qualification.
- Assist to promote external vendor relationships used for maintenance, support or for installation services for 3rd party products (when applicable).
- Provide Monitoring or Incident management support for key mission critical systems during and outside of normal business hours when required.
- Maintain consistent response for last action updates on assigned Incident and project related tickets located within the Service Desk ticket system queue.
- Provide investigational technical response for key services monitoring on alert notifications using scripts and tools used to further examine root cause
- Windows 10 and Server 2012 administrative product knowledge, Microsoft certifications are desired, basic CentOS/RHEE Linux experience is also a plus.
- Administrative experience on support for hosted web application containers including Apache-Tomcat, J-Boss.
- Familiarity with technical construct used for hosted, multi-tenant web applications platforms. Candidate should possess an empirical understanding on root-cause analysis techniques used for technical problem solving within the platform.
- Microsoft Active Directory services, group membership administration for local and group policy experience.
- Windows Java runtime, PS Scripting, Batch Processing, ability to execute select statement scripts using SQL/PLSQL-Developer.
- Basic network experience required for TCP/IP, VPN’s and network subnets
- Experience with monitoring tools including Orion, AppDynamics. Working with enterprise system tools and products including Trend, Altiris, and Signiant. Familiar with patch management process and AV security.
- Familiar with systems used for handling patient image data including DICOM, PACS.
- Familiar with technical aspect for regulatory compliance standards including HIPAA, Clinical GXP and CFR21 part 11.
- Candidate possesses excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Has “I own the problem and the solution” focused approach towards work assignments.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm manage time and prioritise the workload with attention to detail
- Experience on practical use of ITIL Framework principles used for Information Technology support.
- BS for Technology Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering degree, or possess at least 4-5 years of demonstrated on the job equivalent experience.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs