Health Economics ModelerUnited States of America, Remote Additional Locations: Remote - United States of America Job ID R0000015941 Category Regulatory / Consulting
About this Role
Come join Parexel's Health Economics Modeling team today!
We are looking for a Health Economics Modeler to contribute to a wide range of projects for clients in big and small pharmaceutical companies, and to internal thought leadership on the next generation of models. Projects will include development, implementation and adaptation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models (e.g. Markov, survival partition, individual state-transition, simulation models) to assess the economic value or financial impact of health care interventions. Additional projects will also include increasing performance and precision of models, advanced statistical methods, and integration of AI in the HEOR toolbox.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under guidance of senior colleagues, you will take responsibility for ensuring that client work is performed and delivered on time, meeting the quality expectations and in accordance to Standardized Methodology/SOPs.
- Under guidance of senior colleagues, you will design and develop transparent and user-friendly health economics models of healthcare interventions (in R and MS-Excel) throughout the product life cycle, pre- and post-launch, for global and local use. You will perform quality checks, draft project deliverables (like user guides, model protocol and technical report) and abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
- You might work in a client facing role with clear guidance and support from Project Lead and/or Project Director.
- Along with your line manager and Project Leader, you will propose opportunities to improve project efficiency, results or team performance and will proactively take action.
- You will define your own self-development activities with the support of management to keep current within the industry and can request to work with a mentor to enhance your expertise.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in either life science or a quantitative discipline, such as health economics, economics, mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming languages like Excel VBA
- Familiarity with a statistical programming language like R
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English
Additional Positive Qualifications
- Additional coursework or work experience in health economics modeling, either building or adapting models. Adaptation of models to a European country or a private payer is a plus.
- Additional coursework or work experience in R (or other statistical programming), HEOR and/or Shiny packages
- Understanding of additional language(s), especially from HTA countries
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the United States includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.