Meet Chalermporn Thitpad: Senior Clinical Research Associate (Thailand)
"As a CRA at Parexel, you can always reach a line manager or senior colleague for any support you might require. There is always someone willing to help you"
Chalermporn Thitpad, Senior Clinical Research Associate (CRA), talks about her core responsibilities in her role, based in Thailand. Read more to find out how Chalermporn describes what it is like working with her colleagues and how she gains a sense of pride from the work she undertakes.
- Please introduce yourself and your role at Parexel.
Hello, I’m Chalermporn Thitpad, I am a Senior CRA from Parexel Thailand. I’ve been with Parexel for almost 5 years.
- What does a typical day as a Senior CRA look like for you? What are your core responsibilities?
I work in clinical studies and I perform the clinical monitoring aspect of designated projects in accordance with study-specific procedures, applicable SOPs, ICH-GCP, and local regulations. I work frequently with investigators, SCs, and clinical trials site staff on a daily basis. I also communicate with the study team to drive study success and subject benefit.
- When did you join Parexel, and why did you choose Parexel above our competitors?
I joined Parexel in September 2016. I had heard many good things about Parexel from an ex-line manager and I wondered why he left Parexel and then came back again, and now I’m also working here, I understand why he came back. Having great colleagues, who are also friends is a reason people stay with Parexel for a long time. My colleagues are like family, there really is great unity and support.
- Which therapeutic areas do you cover as a CRA, and are there other areas you would like to support?
I have been working in oncology clinical trials for more than 6 years. I would like to gain experience in infectious disease studies and also other rare diseases. I’m always interested in expanding my expertise in new therapeutic areas.
- What would you like people to know about your job or department?
A CRA is an important role who works between site and sponsor. If there is no CRA, it would be like a car operating with no fuel.
- What is it about being a Senior CRA that challenges you most?
One of the biggest challenges when working as a Clinical Research Associate is issue management whilst maintaining Good Clinical Practice (GCP), working to SOPs, and under local regulation. Each site is different, they might have a range of different challenges or situations but the CRA must support them to solve all issues.
- Tell us a little bit about what you do every day. What are your core responsibilities?
The CRA is a primary point of contact for end-to-end clinical trials.
The investigator site, the study team, or the sponsor may contact you from early morning till late night for support and to efficiently remedy any issues that might occur.
- facilitating the work of multiple staff on a study site
- managing data, subjects, and local regulatory requirements
- meeting the commitments, timelines, and demands of multiple partners and stakeholders
- building strategic partnerships
- How would you describe what it’s like to work at Parexel?
Parexel has a good supportive training system to help its CRAs work smoothly. As a CRA at Parexel, you can always reach a line manager or senior colleague for any support you might require. There is always someone willing to help you. There is really great flexibility with working hours and you usually can work from home at least 2 days per week, which is really helpful.
- How would you describe what it’s like working with your colleagues?
Sometimes I have a new issue or have not experienced a situation before; my colleagues often commended me on how I always manage to find a solution, maintain a positive attitude and handle the issue professionally. We have a great teamwork ethos here.
- Tell me something most people don’t know about you.
Everyone says I’m very small, but little do they know I’m a marathoner! Despite my size, I have lots of energy and I can work continuously all day.
- What do you enjoy when you’re not at work?
I love trekking and trail running. It helps me find inner peace and I can spend time with myself (no internet, no cell phone). This helps me to clear my mind and find my equilibrium.
- Tell me three beliefs that you think would change the world for the better?
- Nothing changes if nothing changes
- Positive thinking
- Sharing is happiness
Do you want to work with Chalermporn and her colleagues? Look for suitable CRA opportunities here.
Did you enjoy Chalermporn's story? If so, share it with your networks via the below links.
Explore more about Parexel
Roles within Clinical Operations
Be at the core of what we do at Parexel with a role in Clinical Operations.
Meet Santino: Associate Clinical Operations Leader
Santino talks about what traits and skills you need to be a successful CRA within Parexel and what his typical day looked like. Furthermore, find out how he maintains a great work-life balance and has recently progressed to be an Associate Clinical Operations Leader!
Meet Kaitlin: Senior Clinical Research Associate
Kaitlin talks about what traits you need to be a successful CRA within Parexel and shares her feelings and learnings from working on a study whose drug made it to FDA approval. Further, find out which three beliefs she thinks would change the world for the better.
- Research Associate (Clinic -Focused) Glendale, California
- Research Associate Baltimore, Maryland
- Research Associate Baltimore, Maryland
- Senior Clinical Research Associate Warsaw, Poland
- Research Associate (Clinic -Focused) (Intermittent) Glendale, California